Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a NAV noticed that when you change the North Pointer in the upper right corner to display the pointer that moves according to which direction you're heading, and the vehicle position icon is always pointing up (so that the vehicle position icon is stationary, and the map moves), that the pointer in the corner points right when travelling west, and left when travelling east? It seems logical that it would work like a compass and point right when you are heading east, and left when you are heading west because when travelling north, the pointer is up, and when travelling south, the pointer is down. Could this be a calibration error? I went into the hidden menus, but didn't find anything that seemed like it would change this. It's not really a problem because you always know where you are and what direction you're headed in with the NAV, but I just find it curious. Any ideas?

·
Registered
154 Posts
The arrow is always pointing North, that is why it always appears to be reversed. Look at the map when you have it in just North mode and head North, then switch it back to vehicle position and you will notice that it is pointing North, so if you turn left the arrow will point right because now North is on the right.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of Course...

It makes sense to think about it that way.

I think my right brain tripped over my left brain.

Thanks for the enlightenment, puccetti! :27:

ontheverge of stupidity. :8:

·
Registered
154 Posts
no problem, I had to sit there and think about it for a second when I first saw it. When you see an arrow you think where it is pointing is the way you are going, or should be going.

just get behind me and I will follow you. ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
puccetti said:
When you see an arrow you think where it is pointing is the way you are going, or should be going.
Only if it's the correct arrow! The one in the current position icon points in the direction of travel, the one in the compass icon points north!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Can't resist

Both are wrong. Due to the position of the screen on the dash, the arrow points up when going north. Do you guys drive downhill a lot? OK- OK

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, next question...

If I roll the Pilot, and the pointer is up, does this mean I am facing south?

Just kidding...I hope nobody really knows the answer to this! :20:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Re: Okay, next question...

ontheverge said:
If I roll the Pilot, and the pointer is up, does this mean I am facing south?

Just kidding...I hope nobody really knows the answer to this! :20:

You first......:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts