Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 5 weeks ago, my local (S.C.) Honda dealer placed his order for Pilot autos scheduled for August delivery. I was told that one vehicle ordered was a EX-L with Navi. Since the color was what I wanted and he stated I could have with or without other options, I paid a $1M deposit on the vehicle.

About two weeks ago, the dealer informed me that it might not be until Sept. until the vehicle comes vs. the early to mid August that was originally stated. Reason given was that Honda has not "released" Pilots with navigation system yet - and it will be about another week before he can even have a chance to confirm potential delivery dates.

Questions - Does anyone have any info to bare on delivery dates of cars with Navi? How about functionality as compared with the MDX-
(I know that the screen is smaller) How can a dealer place an order and not know what/when he will be getting???

Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Since I've been happily driving my Pilot with Navi since June 10th, I think your dealer is blowing a bit of smoke in your direction.

I can't personally compare the Pilot's system to the MDX's, but I'd bet that the core functionality would be the same with the differentiator being the screen size.

I've found the GPS to be surprisingly accurate and I haven't been led astray by the Nav software -- so far.

My one complaint is that the new development in which I live is not part of Honda's "digitized road" yet. I suppose I'll have to buy the upgrade when it becomes available - after I verify that my development has been included.

·
Registered
176 Posts
noooo -- you mean dealer's aren't the paragon of truth???

njpilot said:
Since I've been happily driving my Pilot with Navi since June 10th, I think your dealer is blowing a bit of smoke in your direction...
I would bet that this dealer had the vehicle in question ordered BEFORE you ever showed up NEVER was supposed to have Navi. They probably are trying to get this unit sold NOW so they can count the sale earlier...

Why would dealer's want a deposit on a car already on order???
Why would they want/need a $1K deposit on a hot seller at all? I mean if the car comes and you decide to pass on it they could probably sell it a NY minute, so what does the deposit do other than keep you "on the hook". Now I'm not saying you are getting screwed, I just think the dealer has no good reason to need your deposit OTHER than to keep you snared in there sick little world that MAY be filled with more lies...

Good luck, I really hope you get the vehicle YOU WANT, please keep us informed.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Based on my own experiences and many NAVI-related posts from around the country, I'd say that NAVI Pilots have been available since the initial release in early June.

It looks like your dealer is giving you the run-around!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the reinforcement around what I already suspected. Just to make sure I have all of the bases covered, has any purchased a Pilot w/ Nav in the state of South Carolina?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Cedricsc said:
Thanks for all of the reinforcement around what I already suspected. Just to make sure I have all of the bases covered, has any purchased a Pilot w/ Nav in the state of South Carolina?
No, but I saw both a Navi and a RES at Honda Cars of Rock Hill in Rock Hill, SC (Just south of Charlotte). I bought an SS EX from them. I have no kids, just me and the wife. So I don't really have much use for the RES (though it is cool). Nor do It have need for a $1000 map as my $15 atlas works just fine. I might have bought the RES just for the coolness if I could have got one without leather and in a color other than white (please no flames Tefetta owners, I think the White looks good, it just isn't what I wanted).

Before you buy from Honda Cars of Rock Hill, either check out my Dealer Rating (if I can ever get it to take - HEY ADMIN! Did you get my email about my problems with the Dealer rating?) or send me a personal or chat message.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts