Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Navigation system on the Accord is not going to be released until January. I guess it was one of the first things developed on the new Accord (03). Anyway it sat and they are having software problems with all a few of the 160 voice commands. So, instead of releasing a bad quality product, they held every one until issue was addressed. I would go ahead and get your pilot, I have sold 2 Pilots with NAVI and the owners love them.

Dave

·
Registered
900 Posts
Do you know what the problems with the voice navigation are?
Is it with the IBM ViaVoice product, which is the voice-recognition software part, or the integration with the NAV system (my guess)?
I work with the IBM ViaVoice product (but not the voice-recognition part) writing accessibility software, and wonder how good it would do with background noise such as would be found in a car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
03 Accord Navigation System

They are having problems with the computer software on the Voice Recognition part. It is a problem with the supplier, not Honda. They are working with it. It is not recognizing some of the commands. Like I said supplier issue, not Honda.:7: :7: :7:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts