Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

2016 Honda Pilot AWD Touring. I keep my maps up to date and just saw a new one come in so I downloaded it. Went to install and got a message saying that there was not enough storage space and to contact the dealer.

Anything I can do before taking it in? Cleared out the history settings but not sure if there is something else to try. I live in an area that is constantly growing so it is nice getting the latest for maps.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Are you using a 16GB flash drive and did you format it as required?
Have you contacted customer service at: 1-888-628-6275

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Not sure what you mean by storage is full, if that’s just your USB that runs out of space, you can reformat it and do it all over again (I have done that myself); but if the head unit memory is full then I have no experience on that, maybe you can try to reset the nav to factory settings and try again, but you will lose all your favourites and others.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you using a 16GB flash drive and did you format it as required?
Have you contacted customer service at: 1-888-628-6275
Not sure what you mean by storage is full, if that’s just your USB that runs out of space, you can reformat it and do it all over again (I have done that myself); but if the head unit memory is full then I have no experience on that, maybe you can try to reset the nav to factory settings and try again, but you will lose all your favourites and others.
It is actually the head unit not USB drive that the message says is full. Using a 32GB flash drive, same one I always use. I better check the how full the USB is though in case the head unit tries to cache some data to the USB.

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
It is actually the head unit not USB drive that the message says is full. Using a 32GB flash drive, same one I always use. I better check the how full the USB is though in case the head unit tries to cache some data to the USB.
Honda's instructions specifically state to use only a 16GB flash drive.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I thought after 5 years our subscription to Garmin maps expired. We can still update ours? I'm still running the 2020 version.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honda's instructions specifically state to use only a 16GB flash drive.
I have been using the same 32GB flash drive for a couple years now. Confirmed I still have 14GB available so the USB drive is not full for say caching. I guess I will just mention it on my next service.

I thought after 5 years our subscription to Garmin maps expired. We can still update ours? I'm still running the 2020 version.
We purchased our 2016 back when they were still at short supply at launch and still get map updates. I had the very last one before this issue and we did not pay any extra for longer terms or anything. Version 2.75 is the latest one.

So, I am now curious but I think I already had 2.75 on my nav and this is a new computer so I wonder if it just redownloaded 2.75 and now the head unit is rejecting it because it may be already installed. I will check next time I drive the car.

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EXL Navi.
14 Posts
I have been using the same 32GB flash drive for a couple years now. Confirmed I still have 14GB available so the USB drive is not full for say caching. I guess I will just mention it on my next service.

We purchased our 2016 back when they were still at short supply at launch and still get map updates. I had the very last one before this issue and we did not pay any extra for longer terms or anything. Version 2.75 is the latest one.

So, I am now curious but I think I already had 2.75 on my nav and this is a new computer so I wonder if it just redownloaded 2.75 and now the head unit is rejecting it because it may be already installed. I will check next time I drive the car.
Once you copied the files from the Pilots Nav to USB drive and plug it in to your computer, Garmin Express will say there’s no new maps if it’s the same version that’s already on your Pilot.
If it is a new version that won’t copy to the Pilots nav, it’s saying it’s full for you, then it must be full. Dealer might be able to suggest something.
I know on my old portable Garmin it ran out of space for the newest maps. It gave me an option to just install Canada only, rather than North America.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts