Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my pilot for several months. When I first got it, I changed the wallpaper to my own pictures and never had an issue. When I started my car, my wallpaper automatically was displayed. Now I start my car and the map comes up. I’ve never used the navigation system in my car because I’d rather use the one on my phone but no matter what settings I pick, the map is displayed.

I’m sure this is probably a simple fix and I’m probably thinking too much into it, but how do I change it back so when I start my car, it displays my wallpaper and not the map?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Configuration of the clock/wallpaper function is described in the Navigation manual, starting on Page 113 in my 2013 version of the manual.

In a nutshell, you have options to display your picture either as a wallpaper image only, or with your picture as background for the clock display. The methods of loading your image from USB are detailed, but you are past that if you have been displaying an image as wallpaper already. Still worth a look and review of that section to make sure you aren't missing something.

Lastly, the display defaults to the wallpaper or wallpaper/clock (your selection), unless/until you push the big knob to accept the "OK" prompt at start-up. I can't get to the nav screen unless I push that button. If you want the wallpaper or clock/wallpaper to display, don't push the button.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts