Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you with NAVI also have the RES?

I know Honda says you can't have both, but I'd like to know it someone's done it.
Is it a matter of sharing space in the dash, or what?

I currently have the RES, and I'd be very interested in a NAVI if it's possible to do...
:confused:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I also noticed that the hondacars.com site now shows the i-VES as an option for the Pilot. Although we already knew this, is does not exclude the Navi models from this accessory. (see here)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have Nav and had DVD installed

I finally got RES installed two days ago. Since I have navigation in 2004 pilot, the options for RES were either under the seat or in the glove compartment. Monitor could be flip down or in head rest etc. I wanted flip down but did not like the idea of dvd player under the seat. So I had flip down with dvd player installed in the cealing. I will take pictures and post them soon. It is Audiovox VOD916, 9 inch wide screen. I have to still test it.

BTW: I also gto audiovox XM radio. now if only I will figure out how to subscribe.........

·
Registered
16 Posts
labow said:
Dealer can install the RES if you have the NAV.

Do you mean that the dealer can install the 'official' Honda RES system even if you have the NAV already? Are there any drawbacks to this?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Johnh123,

No, dealer did not install Honda RES. My pilot has nav. So I had deler install aftermarket RES. It is Audiovox Pro916 with widescreen. I got black one as I have black pilot. It is very good. I also had audiovox XM radio installed by the dealer. The reson I went with delaer is because I am not good at finding stuff and wanted all the accessories installed quickly. I ended up paying much more, but did not have to shop around.

SteveLuman,

Thanks. My XM radio is working. I have been fiddling with all the channels so far and have not stayed on one long enough to enjoy it :) I guess excitement does it. Can't make up my mind between Jazz vs comedy vs news vs hits. Hope I have an opportunity for long drive soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
muktibodh said:

My XM radio is working. I have been fiddling with all the channels so far and have not stayed on one long enough to enjoy it :) I guess excitement does it. Can't make up my mind between Jazz vs comedy vs news vs hits. Hope I have an opportunity for long drive soon.
Thanks for the video info. For your XM, did you replace the factory radio, or use some other solution? I've got to figure that one out also.

·
Registered
28 Posts
XM radio

Johnh123,

I did not replace the factory radio. It is still there and I could listen to it if I wanted. XM radio receiver is installed under the driver's seat and the front panel with controls to change the station etc at central console where others have "not an ashtray". I will take some digital pictures and post them tomorrow. Hope it is more clear that way. I did not do anything, the installers did it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Re: I have Nav and had DVD installed

muktibodh said:
I finally got RES installed two days ago. Since I have navigation in 2004 pilot, the options for RES were either under the seat or in the glove compartment. Monitor could be flip down or in head rest etc. I wanted flip down but did not like the idea of dvd player under the seat. So I had flip down with dvd player installed in the cealing. I will take pictures and post them soon. It is Audiovox VOD916, 9 inch wide screen. I have to still test it.

BTW: I also gto audiovox XM radio. now if only I will figure out how to subscribe.........
Congratulations! When I purchased my EX-L NAV I asked my dealer to install Audiovox PROV916. At that time I didn't know about VOD916. Last night I downloaded the owners manuals of both models and compare them page by page. They are identical. The only difference I could find was on the last page, different warranty period. Enjoy you VOD916. We are certainly enjoying ours. I'll take pictures of ours and post them soon too.

Let us know how the Audiovox XM radio works.

-Tak

1 - 11 of 11 Posts