Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you got one of these yet?
I sat in a 2019 and did some measuring on the Nav screen with the volume knob on the screen and came up with a drawing and added it to our web site Honda Pilot 2019 8-inch In-Dash Screen Protector or you can just use the code / sku # 2368 in the Photodon search bar and that will take you there too.

We have not sold that many and I am looking for some feed-back on how well it fits (it maybe just a little to tight to the edges)

Also a Big Thanks for Williams Honda of Traverse City Mi for letting me measure all the new cars.

Eric @ Photodon

·
Registered
125 Posts
I sat in a 2019 and did some measuring on the Nav screen with the volume knob on the screen and came up with a drawing and added it to our web site Honda Pilot 2019 8-inch In-Dash Screen Protector or you can just use the code / sku # 2368 in the Photodon search bar and that will take you there too.

We have not sold that many and I am looking for some feed-back on how well it fits (it maybe just a little to tight to the edges)

Also a Big Thanks for Williams Honda of Traverse City Mi for letting me measure all the new cars.

Eric @ Photodon
I did the MXH anti-glare 25% High Definition screen protector. It is a close tolerance fit, but I have no issues. I had the same MXH version in my Odyssey and never had a problem. Reduces the glare considerably.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I ordered a protector a few weeks back. I think it was the MXH as well. Very tight fit. Had to pull it off a couple times to get it straight without overlapping the bevell on the left or right side. It would be easier to install if it was 1mm narrower.

Of course I got a spec of dust causing a tiny air bubble that I can't seem to fix. Overall it's nice and am really happy with it.

Also, you might sell more if you made the drop down listing on your quick finder on your website mention it's for the Pilot. It only says '2019 8-inch' whereas the older Gen is listed as 'Pilot 2016/2017/2018'. Made me think you didn't have new product ready at first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the suggestions CJM1010
I made the corrections to the size and it is 1 mm smaller now all the way around to make it easier to install
I have not seen any more feed back on the size to I am thinking that it is OK and just a little easier to install now.

CJM10101 I tried to send you a PM so I can get you A new Screen Protector to try out the new size but the message keeps failing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You should really get a hold of the dealerships and sell them. I was just speaking with the salesman yesterday (picked up a 2107 pilot) and told him I wanted to get a screen protector. He say they get asked all the time and do not have anything to offer. I bet if the dealership sold them for $50 installed they couldn't keep enough in stock!

·
Registered
134 Posts

Eric @ Photodon
I bought one a couple weeks ago, but did not install it yet because it said install in a warm environment (60 degrees F). I live in upstate NY, so it probably won't be till April that I can install it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought one a couple weeks ago, but did not install it yet because it said install in a warm environment (60 degrees F). I live in upstate NY, so it probably won't be till April that I can install it.
Install it after a drive, it will be plenty warm

·
Registered
57 Posts
Same here. Havent installed the replacement they sent me (original bubbled) because its been too cold here in N. Cali. I hope to get it installed soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think after driving around and doing some errands in town your car and device would be plenty warm enough.
Just feel the front if is not cold to the touch go ahead and install your screen protector.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions CJM1010
I made the corrections to the size and it is 1 mm smaller now all the way around to make it easier to install
I have not seen any more feed back on the size to I am thinking that it is OK and just a little easier to install now.

CJM10101 I tried to send you a PM so I can get you A new Screen Protector to try out the new size but the message keeps failing.
Eric,

I think if the size has been decreased by 1mm, it should resolve the issue. The earlier version was a tad but bigger. After trying to install it 3-4 times, mine also didn't line up perfectly because of such a low margin of error. Mine hasn't bubbled up so far, but if it does, will let you know.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Installed mine today in upstate NY where it is only 15 degrees. Warmed up the car and installed it, seems like a perfect fit, got a few air bubbles, but I don't care.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just another data point on the 2019 protectors. I ordered the 2368 protector with the MXH film on January 18. Overall it's great. No real problems with fingerprints, visibility of the screen is excellent.

The one problem I have is that the top of the protector pushes a bit too hard against the screen trim, and develops a bubble along the top-center. I've tried re-adjusting and re-applying the protector a few times. The left, right and bottom fit is fine. It just seems that the protector is a little too tall in the middle. I'm not sure if mine was from before or after the recent size change. The good thing is that the small bubble remains over the black bezel, and so isn't noticeable unless you're viewing from the side. I've thought about trying to peel the protector back and shave that area with a razor, but the bubble doesn't bother me enough to attempt this.

Bryan

·
Registered
233 Posts
I got mine yesterday and installed it today. Its Perfect, the glare reduction is Huge and you can't tell anything is on the screen. Installing is easy, clean screen, clean again and remove any lint. I had to take off my dash mat to do this, it was about 45F, dry and lots of static. The lint you see in the photo is on top of the screen. Not an air bubble in sight! Well worth the money

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts