Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,

I finally found the way to access the set-up menus on the Navigation system.

In this order, press and hold the buttons. Menu, Map, Cancel

That's the top, second and fourth button. When you are holding all 3 down at once for 5 seconds, the system menu will appear.

There are system tests for hardware and interfaces with other systems in the car, screen test charts, colorbars and even a place to change the colors.

One of the neatest screens is in the System Diagnostic menu (3rd down on left) under GPS. It shows how many sats you are picking up and shows a diagram of where each is in the sky. Pretty cool.

There are also settings for the gyroscopic nav system so you can calibrate it. Settings for turns, drag etc... I wouldn't touch these.

There is also a setting to activate a rear-camera if you have one (I do).

I was hoping to find the place to turn on the trip computer like the MDX has but it appears it is a seperate system or the software installed in the pilot doesn't include it at all. I am curious to see if I install the software from my parent's MDX if it will be available. If so, is the hardware present to feed the trip computer?

Anyone else played with this yet? Anyone know if the MDX trip software resides on the Nav computer or is it a seperate system?

·
Registered
342 Posts
This is a great post! I was able to get into my Navi system and change a few things.

Wish there was a way to get rid of the warning screen that pops up every time I start the car. Very annoying.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Woderful post , no way i could have figured this cheat code :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not being a NAV owner (I have a Garmin StreetPilot)...

Is the set-up screen documented in the manual? Seems like a silly thing for Honda to keep you away from?

--Bret

·
Registered
330 Posts
bret11 said:
Is the set-up screen documented in the manual? Seems like a silly thing for Honda to keep you away from?

--Bret
That's why it's being called a secret menu.;) I agree that it's silly to keep it from us, but I also don't think we should be messing with some of the parameters of the gyro navigation system.

·
Registered
145 Posts
shutrbug said:

That's why it's being called a secret menu.;) I agree that it's silly to keep it from us, but I also don't think we should be messing with some of the parameters of the gyro navigation system.
True, true :1pat:

Don't you love it when merchants try to protect you from yoursef??

--Bret

·
Registered
330 Posts
bret11 said:

True, true :1pat:

Don't you love it when merchants try to protect you from yoursef??

--Bret
All I can say is "sigh".

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
bret11 said:
Not being a NAV owner (I have a Garmin StreetPilot)...

--Bret
The Navigation System Diagnosis Test that GLJones has mentioned is outlined thoroughly on pages 22-302 thru 22-307 in the 2003 Honda Pilot Service Manual.

·
Registered
507 Posts
ChuckW said:
This is a great post! I was able to get into my Navi system and change a few things.

Wish there was a way to get rid of the warning screen that pops up every time I start the car. Very annoying.
Chuck,

I have been messing around with the navi and was wondering what you had changed in the diag menu?

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anybody figured out how to access this on the 2.11C version?

After "upgrading" to the 2.11c disk, I have been unable to enter the setup area using this method. Has anybody figured out how to access this on the new software version?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Re: Has anybody figured out how to access this on the 2.11C version?

bpjones said:
After "upgrading" to the 2.11c disk, I have been unable to enter the setup area using this method. Has anybody figured out how to access this on the new software version?
I can't believe they intentionally have taken the "Diagnosis Menu" away. See the page 17 of <a href="http://www.handa-accessories.com/pilot/rearcamera.pdf" target="_blank">this installation manual</a>. Without this menu you cannot enable the rear view camera.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Re: Re: Has anybody figured out how to access this on the 2.11C version?

tak said:

I can't believe they intentionally have taken the "Diagnosis Menu" away. See the page 17 of <a href="http://www.handa-accessories.com/pilot/rearcamera.pdf" target="_blank">this installation manual</a>. Without this menu you cannot enable the rear view camera.
Sounds like the Bimmer dealers. I installed the OEM alarm myself after buying it for $230 online (they want like $500) and then I had to pay them to "enable" it. $100 to just plug their computer in and answer yes to one section. So annoying. Sounds like Honda would charge is to do the same to enable the camera. Atleast there is a way to do it yourself.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Okay, I am surprised that no one else found it.

While in the 'secret' menu, hold down MENU for 5 or more seconds.

See what happens.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bueller?

Bueller?

:eek:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Okay, Okay. I'll tease you with this screen shot:

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
mattbrat said:
Okay, I am surprised that no one else found it.

While in the 'secret' menu, hold down MENU for 5 or more seconds.

See what happens.

Enjoy!
What is supposed to happen? I tried it today and nothing happened.

BTW, in the GPS sitellite screen there is the GPS accurate clock though it is in GMT. I checked it agains my wrist watch (Casio Wave Ceptor) and they were less than a second apart. I wish this is displayed on the NAV screen and the radio clock is synchornized to it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
nothing for me either

I tried the Menu button as well and nothing happened. I was at the main secret menu when I tried it-- should I have been in another menu when I hold down the menu button?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Doh!

Sorry. Go to the 'secret' GPS menu, then hold down the menu button. You will see the screen as shown in my earlier post.

·
Registered
403 Posts
mattbrat said:
Doh!

Sorry. Go to the 'secret' GPS menu, then hold down the menu button. You will see the screen as shown in my earlier post.
mattbrat,

Thanks, I finally saw that menu. How did you find it out? While the secret itself is interesting the information on that screen is not so interesting.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts