Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Honda pilot, I removed the passenger door panel to see why my window was not rolling down and ever since then my navigation and stereo stay on even when the key is turned off and if I hit lock or unlock on the key fob it will cycle and restart both systems. Help

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Might be coincidental but you may have disturbed some wires. Pop the door panel off and see if the issue reoccurs. For good measure inspect the ground connections under the hood for corrosion and not just the easy ones.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
Might be coincidental but you may have disturbed some wires.
Pay particularly close attention to the wires on both immediate sides of where they enter the door. They are subject to a lot of bending back and forth.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,188 Posts
What did you fix / change when you had the door panel removed?

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
And welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Revstonie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What did you fix / change when you had the door panel removed?
I took the door panel off and used a multi meter to check for power after the switch. The only thing I unplugged was the window switch and door lock switch and both are plugged back in.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EXL AWD
93 Posts
Have you tried hard reset by removing any terminal from the battery? Make sure you have the radio code if you are going to do this.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I took the door panel off and used a multi meter to check for power after the switch. The only thing I unplugged was the window switch and door lock switch and both are plugged back in.
Has any other electrical work been performed on your Pilot?

I’m still trying to figure out how the two problems could be interrelated. As mentioned above it could very well be two separate issues which manifested around the same time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has any other electrical work been performed on your Pilot?

I’m still trying to figure out how the two problems could be interrelated. As mentioned above it could very well be two separate issues which manifested around the same time.
I just got this thing and was trying to figure out what was wrong with the window when it started. And miraculously it started working just fine again today? Still have no idea what the problem was / is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts