Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Pilot with Nav and am getting the message which is posted. Took out the CD under the drivers seat and cleaned it, but did not help, any suggestions?
Text Font Technology Display device Electronic device

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
You can try to take apart the drive and use cotton swabs and alcohol to clean the lenses. Usually that helps me to revive an older drive.
I am curious what the drive looks like. Does it contain a generic PATA/SATA drive or a bare bones OEM drive with custom cables?

·
Registered
70 Posts
yes it is direct plug in and the steering wheel buttons work as well. Go to Crutchfield:

enter you auto info. Search the Car Play models. I like Pioneer. It works great, connect my iPhone, use Waze, voice to txt, bluetooth, podcast, music.

Find a local car stereo place to install. It cost me $400 for the unit plus installation. Looks like a factory option, take 15 years off your vehicle

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes it is direct plug in and the steering wheel buttons work as well. Go to Crutchfield:

enter you auto info. Search the Car Play models. I like Pioneer. It works great, connect my iPhone, use Waze, voice to txt, bluetooth, podcast, music.

Find a local car stereo place to install. It cost me $400 for the unit plus installation. Looks like a factory option, take 15 years off your vehicle
Thank you very much

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Did you try swapping some one else’s disc in case it is damaged?

a recent thread:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you try swapping some one else’s disc in case it is damaged?

a recent thread:
Thanks for that tip, need find someone with a similar unit. I did insert a "cleaning" disk, some improvement but not perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts