Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Pilot with Nav and am getting the message which is posted. Took out the CD under the drivers seat and cleaned it, but did not help, any suggestions?
Pilot.jpg

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
You can try to take apart the drive and use cotton swabs and alcohol to clean the lenses. Usually that helps me to revive an older drive.
I am curious what the drive looks like. Does it contain a generic PATA/SATA drive or a bare bones OEM drive with custom cables?

·
Registered
70 Posts
yes it is direct plug in and the steering wheel buttons work as well. Go to Crutchfield:

enter you auto info. Search the Car Play models. I like Pioneer. It works great, connect my iPhone, use Waze, voice to txt, bluetooth, podcast, music.

Find a local car stereo place to install. It cost me $400 for the unit plus installation. Looks like a factory option, take 15 years off your vehicle

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes it is direct plug in and the steering wheel buttons work as well. Go to Crutchfield:

enter you auto info. Search the Car Play models. I like Pioneer. It works great, connect my iPhone, use Waze, voice to txt, bluetooth, podcast, music.

Find a local car stereo place to install. It cost me $400 for the unit plus installation. Looks like a factory option, take 15 years off your vehicle
Thank you very much

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,292 Posts
Only thing is you'll lose the subwoofer, if that's important to you.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Did you try swapping some one else’s disc in case it is damaged?

a recent thread:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you try swapping some one else’s disc in case it is damaged?

a recent thread:
Thanks for that tip, need find someone with a similar unit. I did insert a "cleaning" disk, some improvement but not perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts