Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after jumping on the recent $5.99 sale (Napa Platinum) I dug into the quality of these filters. They’re reporting 50% efficiency at 20 microns. For close to the same price the Fram Ultra is reporting 99%+ at 20 microns. I’d always heard good things about the Napa Gold/Platinum filters, maybe it’s time to switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you stick with the parts that your Honda was built with, you’ll never have to wonder about the quality. With Honda being the manufacturer of the most engines in the world, they do know a few things about engines and oil filters. For nearly 40 years, I’ve stuck to using genuine Honda parts for my Honda vehicles, and it’s never disappointed. There is only one exception I make to this: go with premium slotted aftermarket rotors, but use Honda OEM pads.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not an expert but I did do some extensive enginerding on the topic. Bosch Distance Plus had the best published performance specs (filtration efficiency and dirt capacity) I could find online. I use them on my 06 Pilot and 11 Odyssey. BUT, I dont think the D3323 will physically fit on our 19 Pilot. The filter will be too long I think to fit between the filter mount and the subframe that is right below the filter. It is definetely longer than the Honda A01 filters I am using while still under warranty.

The Bosch appears to keep the oil cleaner to my eye than the Honda A01 filters by oil change time (I follow Maintenance Minder intervals). They are very strongly constructed from the outside at least.

I have a Wix XP that I am going to try also. I could not find good performance specs from Wix online, so I am not excited about that - brag about your product but dont publish any performance claims?

My plan: stick with Honda A01 filters for under warranty. Bosch Distance Plus D3323 for my out of warranty vehicles. I will check at next oil change for the 19 Pilot to see if the Bosch will fit.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Really just use any filter you like. The car will more than likely outlast your desire to keep it.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I tend to take the easy route out and either check Bob is the Oil Guy or some youtube videos to determine which filter I want to use. I generally keep coming back to Mobil1 or K&N if the M1 isn't available when I make that trip. With longer OCI's I have no reason to cheap out on the oil or the filters.

I also use M1 full synthetic oil. The regular full synthetic under 100k, above 100k I switch to the high mileage version with the blue labels. On Bob is the Oil Guy it has an excellent detergent and anti wear package.

·
Registered
736 Posts
My plan: stick with Honda A01 filters for under warranty. Bosch Distance Plus D3323 for my out of warranty vehicles. I will check at next oil change for the 19 Pilot to see if the Bosch will fit.

Where are you finding the A01 Honda filters? I have 5 of them left which I had purchased back in February. They are very hard to find now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts