Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Found a 9-in. lawn battery cable at Walmart (about $4)
So the one you kept was just 9 inches, as opposed to the one pictured you're returning which is 49 inches? Both 6 gauge?

Seems awfully short, just eyeballing it.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
On my 2004 Pilot this ground strap corroded / disconnected several years ago. Didn't repair because never had known problems related to. Finally tackled the job a couple weeks ago.

Found a 9-in. lawn battery cable at Walmart (about $4). Removed the engine covers, bolt by radiator cap and the other on lower engine (10mm bolts?), threaded through the guide. Terminals fit perfect! Rebolted, good to go!

While you would think this ground is important, no change in engine, transmission or electrical performance after repair.

Picture of Walmart cable that is too long attached (still in vehicle hadn't returned). Hope this helps someone in future.

2004 Honda Pilot 366k miles.
Man, That is Uber! Better than OE.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
That looks like a really good cable for that price!
I need 2 for my 04 Civic. It still has the mesh ones.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
4,203 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
It's from Walmart's EverStart line so you know it's like a Great Value. :)
I just wonder how it's made. Is the wire just going to pull out of the conector some day? 🤔
Save the package and receipt. Ima buyin ✌.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,525 Posts
I just wonder how it's made. Is the wire just going to pull out of the conector some day? 🤔
Save the package and receipt. Ima buyin ✌.
For $3.96 if it lasts a year, you got your moneys worth. At 1.08 cents a day for one year you really can't complain. :)

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
For $3.96 if it lasts a year, you got your moneys worth. At 1.08 cents a day for one year you really can't complain. :)
I guess not, but hey, it's got the "For-EVERSTART" name on it.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
And that is what it will do, it will work for Ever Start, until it doesn't.
Lol.
"Will it EVERSTART"
I don't think the marketing team thought that one through. :p

21 - 32 of 32 Posts