Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Mysterious clicking sounds from dash?

9K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  undivide 
#1 ·
Any ideas what this noise could possibly be? I've looked online for dash noises and haven't found anything that sounds similar. Faint clicking noise, seems to be coming from the dash somewhere but I can't pinpoint where. 2011 Honda pilot, 80,000 miles. It's intermittent, but has been happening for a while, but seems to be getting louder and more frequent. A/C is off. It's easily heard when in park, but I'm certain I have heard it while sitting at a red light and driving at low speeds (less road noise.)

YouTube video clip - might have to turn up your volume because it isn't a very loud noise
Honda Pilot Noise

#4 ·
That is faint. I would check on the mix motors - those are the ones that move the blend doors for heat. When the motors go bad, they tend to move at odd times and make a sort of scratching sound. If you have dual climate, then there is one on each side. On the driver side, it is on the center console just above the gas pedal (see links below). Passenger side is same position on the opposite side.

Here is a good thread and photo to guide you:
Vent/air mode issues (Mix Motor?)
https://www.piloteers.org/attachments/driver_side_view2-jpg.132445/

When you hear the noise, I would drop down and look in this area. The arm attached to the motor should not be twiching - it is then you can attempt to repair or replace.

#5 ·
my first thought would also be the blend door actuator motors acting up. crank the temp full heat let it sit there for awhile then crack it full cold, again let it sit, then back to full heat.

Reactions: TigerTeaux
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.