1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the
brand. They seem to market themself as "high"
or should I say "higher" end consumer automotive
video mfg. But the prices are fairly reasonable.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Never heard of 'em...

And the web site has lots of clues that this is really a small shop trying to look big...

Lots of stock photos, links that say TBA, single email...

If their prices are better than some other brand X, go for it, otherwise don't be fooled!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was considering Myron and Davis also. I actually have their brochure. They do seem to be well priced and some units have built in TV tuners and FM modulaters.

They appear to have a fairly deep footprint and the 7"LCD would probably block a good portion of your rear view mirror when deployed.

I decided against Myron and Davis, mainly because I never heard of them and wanted to go with a name brand (Pioneer) and a smaller, shallower profile design.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pilotless said:

They appear to have a fairly deep footprint and the 7"LCD would probably block a good portion of your rear view mirror when deployed.
I actually held a 6.8" in my hands, and it is
pretty compact. MUCH smaller then a similar
Audiovox. 7" is even smaller when deployed
since it is 16:9 ratio. It most certainly will
not be a problem for the rear view mirror.

I just called them directly -- they apologized
for the web site as they are re-releasing their
catalog and in the middle of re-doing the site.

But you're right -- I have not heard of them before either. They are a division of Johnson
Safety and have been around for about 4 years.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Treir products look good kruzo, but I never heard of them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
voltaireb said:
I just ordered a set of dual dvd in headrest monitors. should expect them next week, i will post pix and customer experience.

http://www.myronanddavis.com/pdut_detail.asp?id=142&cateid=1

I have a 03 EXL
m and b have been around for a while...... the have a very good rep here in nyc.... the only reason i didnt use then was because I had vizualogics in my 03 accord and i transfered them over.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ASAGA said:

m and b have been around for a while...... the have a very good rep here in nyc.... the only reason i didnt use then was because I had vizualogics in my 03 accord and i transfered them over.
Thanks!
I recently posted pix on my install, so far player works out great. Sales rep told me M&D OEM their screens from either Sharp or Panasonic.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Myron & Davis Headrests

I have been using the M&D headrests for about 3 months now and have not had any problems. I was skeptical at first, b/c I had never heard of M&D before. I will post if something goes wrong with them. My only gripe with the actual headrests (not the monitors) is that they are not angles forward like the stock headrests are, but if they were the screen would be angled up as well. In either event, I have been happy with them so far. Color and material match up relatively well with OEM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts