Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is weird. I've had my Pilot for 2 months and have about 4,500 miles on it. Most of that is highway driving which is normal for us. What's not normal however, is the number of rocks that seem to bounce off our windshield.

So far we've been lucky in that we haven't sustained any dings or cracks. But I seem to be getting hit all the time. These are the same roads travelled at the same speeds as I did for 6 years with my CRV. But it was never this bad.

I'm wondering if there's something about the aerodynamics of the Pilot that allows rocks to clear the hood but not clear the windshield. Even though I don't like the look of them, I'd even consider one of those plastic deflector shields that attach to the front of the hood. I've never had one of those but I've heard they may help reduce the number of rocks and/or bugs that impact the windshield.

Anybody else experiencing something similar? It could just be bad luck or dirty roads. But it worries me just the same!

·
Registered
991 Posts
No worries, Pilot is allot taller and wider then your CR-V.. It is going to get hit easier. I have replaced my wifes windshield on her GMC Jimmy 4 times... The Pilot has a nice angle on the windshield but the Jimmy has a straighter windshield which is bad for rock chips..

Trust me, we are all going to get a rock chip sooner or later.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My Pilot (New in Novemebr, now has 6000 miles) got hit with a sizable stone last night. I hope they can fill it and not be forced to replace the glass....or should I insist on new glass?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I would not replace a windshield unless there is a safety issue. In my experience, about 30% of my glass replacements resulted in call backs due to leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts