Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sandstone EX-L RES just arrived at the dealer an hour ago. Too bad I won't be able to pick it up until Friday :( The suspense will be killing me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Pick it up nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:1:

Post some pics. I wanna see what OM Sandstone looks like.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You are sooooooooooooo lucky. I have been interested in this color for a long time and am curious to see if it is in fact close to the Mojave Mist color as we have been told.

BTW, were you expecting this to come so soon or is this a pleasant surprise?

Congratulations and post some pics when you get your new "baby".:2:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Threadhead said:
My Sandstone EX-L RES just arrived at the dealer an hour ago. Too bad I won't be able to pick it up until Friday :( The suspense will be killing me.
Nooooooooooooooooooo!

You have to pick it up NOW!

I need to know before I leave for vacation Thursday!

Me, me, me, me, me.....!!!

About 4 more weeks left for me. Hope we didn't screw up on the color, because we've been 2 months with only 1 car the way it is - can't afford to be waiting since May 24, and then change our mind. It would probably take another 3 months to come in at this point!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chiquita said:
BTW, were you expecting this to come so soon or is this a pleasant surprise?
Complete surprise. The dealer expected it to be in this coming weekend at the earliest, certainly not today.

For SoapPlant too:
As far as the color goes, I asked him to go outside and take a look. He says it doesn't look like Mesa Beige, but it's hard to tell if it is lighter or darker because it is covered in dirt. Definitely lighter than Mohave Mist, maybe a little lighter than Mesa Beige. He couldn't tell. Argh! :3: I asked him to shoot me a pix if he gets a chance.

In case you were wondering... I can't pick it up for a couple of reasons, the dealer is in Tucson (about 2hrs south of me), I haven't moved my money into my checking acount (brokers says it will take a couple of days), and I really don't want to pick it up and have to drive it back home immediately.

My monther-in-law lives close to the dealer and we were planning to spend the weekend with her and put a few hundred low stress break-in miles before the haul home. I figure we can hit a couple of Geocaching sites while we are down, maybe slip down to Mexico for the afternoon, something other than a long highway drive.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Color Description---

PLEASE!! SoapPlant and I are in the same build time frame. Another two weeks plus two more weeks for delivery. Pictures, descriptions, I'm dying here hoping we didn't chose the wrong color. Do you like it. Is it light, dark, AAAAGGHH. As you can see I'm going nuts. HELP.:21:

·
Registered
486 Posts
You lucky DAWG!

Can't wait to see picks either. This was my second choice only because of the interior color.

Another 6-8 weeks for me! :23::21: :23:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Threadhead said:
As far as the color goes, I asked him to go outside and take a look. He says it doesn't look like Mesa Beige, but it's hard to tell if it is lighter or darker because it is covered in dirt. Definitely lighter than Mohave Mist, maybe a little lighter than Mesa Beige. He couldn't tell. Argh! :3: I asked him to shoot me a pix if he gets a chance.
What, he can't shoot a digital pic and email it to you? What kind of salesman are you dealing with?!!
;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
New one on lot, can be yours...

Run do not walk!!!

If anyone is interested, my salesperson, Wally Rivera, at Bay Ridge Honda in Brooklyn, NY just called me to see if I would be interested in Sandstone EX-L RES (I think its going to be their showroom model, since they haven't had an extra one in a while).

I'm very tempted, I'm going to wait for Havasu Blue.

BTW...Will try to make it there this evening to check-out RES. Will take pics, if I can find my memory card.

·
Registered
82 Posts
my vote is to dump the havasu blue and get the sandstone...at least that would be my preference.

Anyway...take some pictures tonight for us

·
Registered
900 Posts
Re: New one on lot, can be yours...

ejpnyc said:
I'm very tempted, I'm going to wait for Havasu Blue.
Yes!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok guys, I just got back from driving 280 miles (round trip) too see my new Pilot. What can I say, it is BEAUTIFUL! I didn't not take delivery as I talked them into a free air deflector (woopie :rolleyes:). She'll be all mine on Friday.

You will absolutely not regret the sandstone. I took several pix with the digicam and will post then in a separate message thread.

I hope you appreciate everything I put myself through, just so all of you could see these pix ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Go get it ... nothing good can happen when your car is just sitting there at the dealer ... Almost anything can happen .... GO GO GO ...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Patience grasshopper:20:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Saw two Sandstone Pilots at a local Honda dealer today. Very nice color, but under the bright sun, one can see a definite color tone difference between the top and bottom of the 4 doors. I am sticking with the Silver Pilot on order.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts