Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks-I'll keep you posted but the local Honda dealer is aggressively courting me with a sweet deal on a RTL-E, like 24K out the door with my Pilot that has 73 on the clock.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,947 Posts
Why do they want your Pilot so badly?
And do you really want a Ridgeline? If your bed is full of compost, or any landscaping material, and you get a flat how will you access that spare tire? I considered a Ridgeline back in 2016 but didn’t make it past looking at its bed.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Who uses a spare? I kept a plug kit in my Ridge with a small compressor. Of course that wouldn't help with a blowout but I think you'd be ok.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't end up doing it-despite them peeling off an extra $920. So for the RTL-E AWD model 23K out the door with my Pilot.

In my due diligence checking this dealer's numbers I ran it through Sam's Club True Car and actually got an honest salesman that told me the Ridgeline sells poorly, which doesn't surprise me. A few things I really don't like about it-1. The cheesey ratching captains chair style arm-rest, 2. no knob whatsoever on the 580 watt sound system 3. rear back seat are feels cramped for leg room and the doors don't open very widely 4. the dual action tailgate doesn't lock.

All of the above coupled up with the ugly duckling appearance, I just could't justify getting rid of the trusty Pilot.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
1. The 3rd gen Pilot has the same armrests, I find it cheesy as well.
2. YUP... guess the mid-cycle refresh will address that in the next year or so.
3. Nothing can be done about it being cramped but I did see a youtube video where someone was able to pretty easily get the doors to open wider... maybe using the limiter from a Pilot or some other Honda product?
4. That's pretty surprising to me given how complex it is.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cintocrunch any buyer's remorse on your GM products? I have $3,500 in GM rebates on a Capital One credit card but the thought of buying another GM vehicle is unnnerving for me, never had great luck with a modern GM.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
If you were considering the Ridgeline you might as well look at the Canyon and Colorado if you have that much in GM credits. If you can buy a used one with your credits you’d avoid some of the rapid domestic vehicle depreciation.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
My former coworker has a Colorado and is really happy with it. Personally though I felt the interior was cramped, and I’m 5’6”.

Reactions: bdozer1965

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Cintocrunch any buyer's remorse on your GM products? I have $3,500 in GM rebates on a Capital One credit card but the thought of buying another GM vehicle is unnnerving for me, never had great luck with a modern GM.
All of our products have been pretty reliable... I tend to trust their pickups for the most part, the Traverse was mostly because we wanted the biggest non-minivan we could afford and suburbans and large vehicles are ridiculously expensive.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My former coworker has a Colorado and is really happy with it. Personally though I felt the interior was cramped, and I’m 5’6”.
If I go Government Motors I'll absolutely go with a full size now that they shifted some crew cab production from Meh-e-co to the US.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Those absurd armrests do not seem to help new Honda's sales at all.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
If I go Government Motors I'll absolutely go with a full size now that they shifted some crew cab production from Meh-e-co to the US.
We've had pretty much every generation of Silverado in the family except for the new one (my dad will be remedying that soon). They've always been great trucks. Work hard, chevy small blocks are always work horses, interiors have held up well, get respectable mileage, etc.

The new ones look better in person to me but if it were my money and I was able to get a comparable Sierra for the same price I'd make that jump, just like the looks better. Also, I'd be awfully interested in that I6 diesel they've got, 30+mpg in a full size 4WD pickup is pretty nice!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We've had pretty much every generation of Silverado in the family except for the new one (my dad will be remedying that soon). They've always been great trucks. Work hard, chevy small blocks are always work horses, interiors have held up well, get respectable mileage, etc.

The new ones look better in person to me but if it were my money and I was able to get a comparable Sierra for the same price I'd make that jump, just like the looks better. Also, I'd be awfully interested in that I6 diesel they've got, 30+mpg in a full size 4WD pickup is pretty nice!
Cintocrunch I would absolutely go Sierra SLT Crew with a sunroof myself.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Cintocrunch I would absolutely go Sierra SLT Crew with a sunroof myself.
Get the 6.2! It's an absolute monster, really makes driving a full size a pleasure.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
you will need to disable the AFM (aka DOD) on your GM v8s or you will be doing a rebuild at 100k. ask me how i know.
Just like the Honda VCM issues they affected a small percentage of early years and even smaller percentage as the years have gone on. My dad has had 2 GM full size with AFM and has had absolutely no issues with it. I would immediately disable it like I did with VCM because I am in that camp. Just saying you don't need to be afraid of it.

Now I would be afraid of the DFM system, that can vary from 2-8 cylinders depending on load and all that. That scares me more at this point.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
A cylinder that isn't firing is a cylinder that's fouling.
You will not hear me argue with that.

But my dad's '15 Silverado has eclipsed 24 mpg so he's fine with that. On his Yukon XL Denali I don't think the system is as effective, best we've ever seen is 18 mpg.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts