Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need emotional support - my PILOT has been hurt!

Tuesday morning (12/3/02), I'm driving down the highway, when the guy in front of me (in a big dodge truck) runs over some piece of debris in the road. That debris shoots skyward, prompting me to have to swerve to the left (near emergency maneuver) when the debris comes raining down and tearing off my passenger side mirror.

When I turn around to go back to the scene of the crime, I notice that the piece of debris in question is a thick 2-foot piece of copper piping that had been laying in the road and that not only was my mirror destroyed, the copper pipe also scratched the s**t out of my right front fender, gouging the metal and doing paint damage as well.

I've already contacted my therapist (Ralph Schomp Honda in Littleton, CO) and have my PILOT scheduled to have the mirror replaced, but now I need to have body and paint work done as well.

My "baby" is only 3-months old and now it's been "soiled" by the ral world. I need a drink!

On a positive note: That damn PILOT is EXTREMELY stabile in a high speed avoidance maneuver (I was going 72mph) at the time of the "de-virgining" of my PILOT!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OOOPS - My Bad

I didn't want this thread in the gallery... I wanted it in general discussions. I am very sorry - I'm not thinking clearly, I'm still messed up from my trauma of the day!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Is there a Doctor is the house!
:1zhelp:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Oh, its a shame. But at least no one was hurt. Glad to know that the Pilot handled well during your emergency swerving.

Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts