Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was hit from behind this weekend at a traffic light. The obviouse damage on the back of my pilot was not that bad. There were scratch and dent on the back door and the bumper. Muffler was kind of loose also. But I am more worried about the hidden damage to frame and other things that are not so obviouse. What do you think are likely to be damaged from this kind of accident?
Thanks...

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would immediately take it to a dealer and have them thoroughly check the vehicle. Describe them the rear-end accident and have them examine accordingly.

Is it going to be worthwhile to get an extended warranty (and maybe have the person who rear-ended, pay for it ) ??

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Take it to a dealer with a body shop.

BEFORE any work is done, have them compare your vehicle to the factory measurments that should be in the Body Service Manual.
Have them note all descrepencies. Then if nothing is out of shape, just have the body work done.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Uploading Sympathy

Every time I hear about even the slightest body damage to a Pilot, it just breaks my heart. I hope your Pilot is alright.

I hope you're alright too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My sympathies.

If you do not have a good body shop already, and I don't mean to sound like I get into accidents all the time, but I found one ten years ago that gets all my business; look for a shop that has its own "bench". This is the frame straightening jig to pull your vehicle back to spec dimensions.

Located "Bill Denny's CarStar" in Aberdeen, MD when co-worker recommended shop for fixing our 87 Z28 in 93. Car drove better after repair than before.

Our 99 Ody EX is there now after me hitting "Bambi" two weeks ago. I expect it looking good as new after repair. Shop also has 2 asc certified mechanics to do the radiator and other repair; provides detailed estimate in advance, and in writing. I would look for shop with similar capabilities. If CarStar franchise is available in your area I would get an estimate from them.
AAA may also have a list of recommended shops in your area.

Even if you don't need body-work, I find great comfort in knowing where the vehicle can be taken if damaged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts