Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Pilot Makes a squeeking sound sometimes. It is not when I am braking, but rather at random times. Somtimes my foot is on the gas, sometimes the accelorator. Somtimes when I am stopped and sometimes when I am cruising. It kind of sounds like a mouse. It does not appear to be coming from the engine, and I cannot tell where it is coming from. It IS NOT ROAD NOISE, for certain however. It almost sounds like the hydrolic system letting out pressure. Has anybody experienced this?

·
Registered
964 Posts
snakeboy82 said:
My Pilot Makes a squeeking sound sometimes. It is not when I am braking, but rather at random times. Somtimes my foot is on the gas, sometimes the accelorator. Somtimes when I am stopped and sometimes when I am cruising. It kind of sounds like a mouse. It does not appear to be coming from the engine, and I cannot tell where it is coming from. It IS NOT ROAD NOISE, for certain however. It almost sounds like the hydrolic system letting out pressure. Has anybody experienced this?
Does it happen when going over bumps or when the suspension is stretched? I get a little squeek when going over bumps. I think the sound is coming from the CD player but haven't really searched for it yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MY Pilot Squeeks?

:( My Pilot makes a sound like preasurized air being let out. Not over bumps though. At stop lights or sometimes when I am cruising. I thought it might be a leak in the hydrolic system or something.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Re: MY Pilot Squeeks?

snakeboy82 said:
:( My Pilot makes a sound like preasurized air being let out. Not over bumps though. At stop lights or sometimes when I am cruising. I thought it might be a leak in the hydrolic system or something.
Hmm, that is a new one. I think I'd bring it back to the dealer and have them check it out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: MY Pilot Squeeks?

smurray said:
Hmm, that is a new one. I think I'd bring it back to the dealer and have them check it out.
I did bring it back, they took it for a drive and heard nothing. unfortunatly the sound does not happen at any specific timw, and so I cannot make it happen. Also, in a 20 min. drive it may only happen once, or not at all, so it is not like it happens all of the time. I am starting to get worried.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hear the SAME squeek - I recorded it

YES! YES! YES!

I too have heard this excruitatingly annoying sound. Although it is *very* intermittent, I was able to record it 4 times in one night. If anyone wants the (4) .mp3 files, I'd like to share them to see if what I have is what you have.

Even with proof, various Honda dealers are blowing me off. I have a ticket open now with Honda.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: I hear the SAME squeek - I recorded it

bjlinder said:
YES! YES! YES!

I too have heard this excruitatingly annoying sound. Although it is *very* intermittent, I was able to record it 4 times in one night. If anyone wants the (4) .mp3 files, I'd like to share them to see if what I have is what you have.

Even with proof, various Honda dealers are blowing me off. I have a ticket open now with Honda.
Finally I have Someone who has heard of this problem:3:
I have been checking the message board every day and no responses. I have begun to record on paper when this noise happens, but it is impossible. There is no consistancy whatsoever. I talked to a few people from Honda, and none of them have any clue. I made an appointment at two different Honda dealerships. One said that nothing was wrong, and the other I have to wait till the actual appt. on Tuesday. This time I am going to go for a ride with them and drive around till the sound happens. I love the car, but the sound is annoying and embarassing. I will let you know what happens on Tuesday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
snakeboy82,

You and I are experiencing the exact same issue. No doubt.

Do you want the 4 recordings I made of it?

I am going to *incessantly pester* Honda Customer Service and the two dealers that I'm working with until they get this fixed. I'm going to send my CD and documentation to Honda, the dealers, NHTSA, and every body I know until

They are going to wish they never sold me the car if they don't get this fixed. :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am so glad to hear that other people are having the same problem. I have never owned a Honda so I thought it was typical of all Hondas and I have been very frustrated and know that I wouldn't't buy another Honda product if this continues.

bjlinder[/B] I emailed you to see if you can send me that recording. I would like to compare. Also, it would be nice to know what the dealer says at the next appointment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bjlinder said:
snakeboy82,

You and I are experiencing the exact same issue. No doubt.

Do you want the 4 recordings I made of it?

Yes, Please send them to me, I want to make sure that we are talking about the same thing.

As Far as you two go, I agree with you but do not give up on the Pilot, Honda has been known for making great cars, but we all have taken a gamble here. As a general rule I say foriegn cars, American trucks. I have given Honda a chance to prove me wrong. The Pilot is a great vehicle, much safer for other drivers than any other SUV. I look at this whole situation as a journey, with Honda leading the way. Let them continue to try, do not give up quite yet.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Does the noise sound like it's coming from inside the dash? Maybe it's the climate control system cycling. Just a thought - you might turn your climate control off completely and see if the sound goes away.

I know some cars use vacuum driven doors to control airflow, but I'm not sure what the Pilot uses. (could be a leaky valve depressurizing).

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think I know the sound you are all talking about. My '04 pilot makes that noise everytime I step on the brake pedal. Yours maybe intermittent but since the brake system is a hydralic operated system with diaphrams that you actuate when the pedal is stepped on, you may hear some intermittent noises (sort of like squeaking, or pressure being let out) Try stepping on the pedal a few times when your engine is running.

Another good technique to see if the sound is inside or out, park parallel to a wall with the windows up or down. The wall will amplify any sounds coming from the outside of the car. Obviously if you close the window and still hear it, then it's coming from the inside.

Hope that helps,

Ace

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have done my best to pinpoint the source of the sound, but to no avail. It is not the brakes or the climate control I know that. It sounds like pressure being let out of a hydrolic line, and it does not always happen. As a matter of fact I have not heard it for days, but low and behold, one day I will start driving and it will occur once, or even perhaps many times.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Brake scrunch?

My Pilot makes a scrunch (somewhere between a squeek and a crunching noise) when the brake is released. This is a sound I can reproduce in just about any car I have been in. When stopped, you can slowly release the brake and get a noise just as the car starts moving. Since it's so common, I have no problems hearing it in the Pilot.

I might add, on a long family trip, we heard an annoying high pitched rattle. The driver thought it was near the front passenger window ... the passenger thought it came from near the driver's window. It turned out to be a loose pair of sunglasses rattling around in the sunglasses holder :eek: All through this site, you'll find references to sounds that are really hard to pin down. It's good you recorded it - should help.

Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts