Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so left me preface this story with a little background first. We ordered a Sandstone EX in May, but later changed our mind to a Sandstone EX-L RES in July. Both vehicles were coming it to the dealer at the same time.

So we pick up our Pilot about 2 weeks ago. It came in on the same carrier as the original EX that we had ordered. Both when we paid for it (Wednesday) and picked it up (Friday), we could see the original EX sitting there lonely on the lot, still wrapped up.

So tonight, we finally took our Pilot for its maiden voyage to Target. On the way home, we passed by a Taco Bell in Harrisburg, PA (about 15-20 minutes from out house, and not too far from the dealer). My wife shouted out - "SILVER PILOT"! Well, I thought to myself, I could probably go for a couple soft tacos, so why not swing around and check it out. Besides, we'd been really looking forward to someone finally checking out our Pilot! I figured, I park right next to them.

So as we pull up to Taco Bell, my wife says, "Hey, that's not a Silver Pilot, that's a Sandstone Pilot!". See where I'm going with this story? By the way, any of you Sandstone owners notice how tricky this color really is - seems to change shades with the weather (we really love it). So we walk into Taco Bell to order, and there's 3 groups of people:

1. Group of 3 or 4 young girls
2. Group of 2 younger looking ladies
3. Group of 2 older looking adults

OK, don't scroll down, and take your guess...

As we're waiting of our order, the young girls (1.) leave and I'm not sure what they got into. Then a little bit after, the 2 younger looking ladies (2.) leave...

Well, if you guessed #2, then you were correct!

Finally our food was ready, and as we were walking out, I noticed that they were sitting in their Pilot, but hadn't pulled away yet, and their driver's door was still open. As we walked out, she was checking it out, and I commented how she had good taste! She was really shocked to bump into us, and commented how rare it was to see another Pilot in the area (they're around, but not in abundance).

As we were talking, I asked when they picked up their Pilot, and she answered the same day as we did (and we noticed the same dealer license plate on the front). That's when we knew that they had the original Pilot that we ordered - Sandstone EX!

Well, at least, its nice to know that the vehicle we ordered first found its way to a nice home! They had a couple of baby seats in the back, so we knew it was somewhere where it would be appreciated, and used to its fullest! But gosh, how is that for a small world! And I thought bumping into banningjr on this site, who only lives 5 minutes from me was freaky!

I'm kicking myself for not telling her about the site! I guess I just didn't want to come across as being even more creepy than we already were, by stalking their Pilot!

So if you're out there Taco Bell family, it was nice running into you, and I hope you've found your way to this wonderful resource for Pilot ownwers!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Next time ask what their other car is!

·
Registered
116 Posts
SoapPlant said:
Finally our food was ready, and as we were walking out, I noticed that they were sitting in their Pilot, but hadn't pulled away yet, and their driver's door was still open.
Hehe, I thought you were going to say that they sat in yours by mistake and were dumbfounded when the key didn't fit in the ignition anymore :)

Catbert and I are two numbers apart (SS EX-L RES). I guess we're on a quest to find our long lost sibling :)

- Ben

·
Registered
797 Posts
Saw my very first Pilot yesterday (other than mine) at Ramstein. They honked as I went through the intersection. We both had Blue. Thought about turning around and telling them about the water pump recall and this board, too! Instead, I just kept on going and hopped onto the Autobahn for a quick blast back home.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sounds like the window cling stickers are needed more and more every day!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts