Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, okay, okay ... I hope you don't mind me emoting but ...

I GOT THE CALL THAT SHE'S ARRIVED AT THE DEALERSHIP!

The dealership is a bit far from me, so I am going to have to go down and pay for her and then get the options installed. Then, I'll have to pick her up next week-end.

I should be a basketcase by then.

So my wise forum cohorts, any last minute words of advice you want to share with me before I dash down there with my checkbook in hand?

You know ... maybe I can get Threadhead to come over to the dealership and we can take picture of our matching Arizona Sandstone Pilots. :)

Oh ... I can't wait.
Copperpoppy

·
Registered
289 Posts
Never mind

the private message I just sent you. I was asking for build date, etc. before I read this message. SoapPlant and I also have been waiting for Sandstone. I think we both have a build date of 8/14. You lucky stiff. JEALOUS, JEALOUS:p

·
Registered
173 Posts
Best Wishes...

...for a problem-free buying experience.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats !!!!!!

If you are getting extra's installed, take a print-out of all the prices from Tim's site and ask, request or beg them to match those rates or ask free labor. No harm in asking.

Good Luck.

KE

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KEPILOT said:
Congrats !!!!!! If you are getting extra's installed, take a print-out of all the prices from Tim's site and ask, request or beg them to match those rates or ask free labor. No harm in asking. Good Luck.
KE
Wow - WHAT A GREAT idea!

You know though, I am getting a super deal here on the accessories. It doesn't appear they are charging me labor at all AND the costs are lower than Tim's site. (I already did the comparison) I did get the gold "H" emblems elsewhere for my birthday and they are charging me $40.00 labor to put those on. Other than that - no charge.

The best buying experience I ever had was through Autobytel about five years ago but, this is becoming a very close second.

Tempe Honda ROCKS!!!

Going down tomorrow to pay for her... and I'm taking pictures! Brace your sweet selves.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine Too.....

Hey Guys and Gals,
My wife and I got "THE MESSAGE" yesterday afternoon...."YOUR PILOT IS IN". We got so excited, the kids went running around the house....you would have thought it was Christmas and Ed McMann was outside holding a $10,000,000.00 check. It was actually supposed to be here on Monday, but this works out great because we were headed to the beach this morning. My dealer said it would be done getting prepped about noon. So we'll be getting on the road a little later than expected, but hey been waiting for this baby since May, a few more hours won't hurt. Well I'll drop everyone a note when I get back from the beach and let you know how the first week went with her!! For those of you still waiting...look on the bright side, it won't be near as long as it has been.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Congratulations to all of you and your newest "family member". We, too are anxiously anticipating the arrival of ours in a couple of weeks.

Enjoy them in good health!!:5: :5: :5: :5:

·
Registered
389 Posts
:rolleyes: I wonder if my SS Pilot L RES will come in today. Priceline just sent me an email asking confirmation on dealer delivery. They will charge my account $50 after 3 days if the Pilot gets delivered. I hope they are correct and my Pilot has arrived. I will be on vacation on 8/19....... would love to drive the Pilot by then.

COMMON ALREADY DELIVER THE D*RN THING!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vegasdude said:
:rolleyes: Priceline just sent me an email asking confirmation on dealer delivery.
You can get CARS through Priceline.com?

Get OUTTA here!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yes Priceline will sell cars. Let them know how much you want to pay, if they can not find a match you do NOT pay anything. You only pay a $50 fee when they find you the car for the price you wanted.

You can not buy a Pilot in Las Vegas without paying over MSRP. Tried all 3 dealers in town and they all want 1-4K over MSRP.

·
Registered
389 Posts
btw, where are the pictures as promised? just wanna keep on posting to move from junior member to member status.

:14:

·
Registered
340 Posts
vegasdude said:
You can not buy a Pilot in Las Vegas without paying over MSRP. Tried all 3 dealers in town and they all want 1-4K over MSRP.
Not true. I had a firm quote for MSRP + doc fees, through the internet manager.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Is that still considered an internet purchase? Can you walk in to the dealership and ask for the internet manager? The price above MSRP I got is when I walked in the dealer and dealt with the first sales person. If you indeed got MSRP at a Las Vegas dealership pls. share the info. I would love to talk to the internet manager of a Las Vegas dealership you dealt with.

Thanks!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
340 Posts
I was quoted doc fees of $399, and they eventually dropped the VTR (vehicle theft recovery). Just BS for window etching. They'll tell you it is required, but that's not true. They were throwing in the desert protection package and free oil changes/tire rotations for 3 years.

I think you can walk in and ask to speak with the internet manager, but it is probably best to email them.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Threadhead said:
I think you can walk in and ask to speak with the internet manager, but it is probably best to email them.
Couldn't agree more. As long as you have access to a computer, then buy it through the internet. My Accord was purchased through Autobytel. This Pilot was purchased through Internet sales at Tempe Honda.

Always try visiting the dealers' website before doing anything else. Many offer discounts for internet orders as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts