Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a Honda Pilot 2004, has 185k miles on it. My battery was replaced recently, I am in the process of replacing several things that need maintenance, such as timing belt and other minor things. Past couple months I have been having issues on and off with my pilot, I will crank the ignition and it cranks but it will not start the engine, it started off as happening once every week or two but now it has gotten much worse, sometimes takes 4-5 hours till it works again and will not work in hot weather. I have been told that it could be the fuel pump or the fuel filter, but I am not sure how to test this out myself. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Before starting the Pilot try turning the key to the second position, wait a couple seconds, and back to the off position. Repeat this twice before attempting to crank the engine. If this works I believe it means the check valve in the pump is not maintaining fuel pressure.
Have you replaced the engine air filter?
Have the original spark plugs been replaced?
When the Pilot does start does the starter sound like it’s laboring? Original starter?

·
Registered
234 Posts
It's the starter for. me. I replaced it at around 115k miles. I have '05 Pilot. Just replaced my battery and timing belt at 100k miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts