Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to jump on the bandwagon and join what other did is to disable VCM.

In my other post, I have already changed my timing belt with a kit and I read up that VCM is not a great thing to have so I ordered a VCM Tuner II last night and looking forward to install it myself.

On about the tranny fluid, what mileage that should be replaced? I brought my 2013 Pilot used at 152,000 miles on it and is it better to drain / fill in new or to take it to a shop where they will use a flush machine?

Thanks for feedback on this!

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
I am going to jump on the bandwagon and join what other did is to disable VCM.

In my other post, I have already changed my timing belt with a kit and I read up that VCM is not a great thing to have so I ordered a VCM Tuner II last night and looking forward to install it myself.

On about the tranny fluid, what mileage that should be replaced? I brought my 2013 Pilot used at 152,000 miles on it and is it better to drain / fill in new or to take it to a shop where they will use a flush machine?

Thanks for feedback on this!
Wal-Mart has the best price on full synthetic Valvoline MaxLife ATF in 1 gal jugs for $17.97. It takes 3.5 quarts per drain and fill. Id buy 3. It's a very simple DIY that can be done with the wheels on the ground. After 1 drain and fill, drive a few miles letting the engine and transmission warm to operating temperature. Do the 2nd. Drive 100+ miles, no rule. Do the 3rd. After the 3rd D&F your transmission is at about 80% fresh fluid.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The VCM II arrived and it was an easy quick install.

I have a reader that could do real-time while driving and my temperature readout stayed at 163.4 degrees

VCM never kicked in. Yay!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts