Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So to start I found a company called Xtrons after doing my research it looked legit I bought there 10in the universal single din. looks great best part about it is the wire connection to my phone. Next step putting the speakers, amp, sub.

JBL GX-A604 435W 4-Channel GX Series Amplifier

JBL - BASSPRO 8" SUBBPSL2AM Single-Voice-Coil Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure with Integrated Amp

JBL - GX628 Series 6.5" 2-Way Coaxial Car Loudspeakers with Polypropylene Cones

JBL - GX608C Series 6.5" Component Speaker System with Polypropylene Cone

XTRONS DQ101L 1-DIN 10.1" Android 10 Car GPS Navi Stereo Radio 6-Core 4+64GB

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
So to start I found a company called Xtrons after doing my research it looked legit I bought there 10in the universal single din. looks great best part about it is the wire connection to my phone.
That updates the Pilot dash with modern tech nicely. How's the sturdiness of the monitor over bumpy roads or minor impacts?

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have any issues with climate control?
Nope, not at all. Climate control is separate from the stereo unit. Only thing is that the temperature readings are a little bit blocked by the screen but that moves vertically. So it, not a big issue. The only issue I did have was that the Factory screws did not fit the stereo to mount it. But I stopped in hardware and found the shorts screws that fit it and a washer.

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That updates the Pilot dash with modern tech nicely. How's the sturdiness of the monitor over bumpy roads or minor impacts?
Its pretty strudy I haven't notice any movement. Even while using it I never had it move around. HOWEVER, the Pilot's plastic trimming strikes again. It blocks me from being able to adjust the angles of the screen. So to remove and or adjust the screen I have to pull the trimming on both sides to be able to pull the levers hold the screen in place and remove the metal bar that holds the screen in. The pilot's trimming is such a pain the ass. limited the choices I was able to make in stereo and still even with the Metra kit it still causes issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts