Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to install my Lund Interceptor I special ordered. It had NO mounting hardware......I was not happy...:19:

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went to their web site, and used it to contact support. Got no response. I called their 800 number, and they are going to send out the hardware 2nd day air. Hopefully I'll FINALLY get my deflector on tomorrow...

:bangh:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sorry to hear that. That seems pretty sloppy on Lund's part ... but at least once you get the mounting kit, it should get on pretty quick :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just went out and installed my new clear Lund Interceptor and it looks great. The clear is nice, in that it doesn't take away from the Pilot at all.

The only problem I had was the hole for the drivers side was milled in the wrong spot, so I had to drill a small hole in the correct spot and it went on fine.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hmmm... that's strange. I had no problems with mine.

In my case, the holes in the deflector were very wide so I could shift the deflector slightly in order that the holes lined up. Was that the same case for you ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, the holes were fine laterally speaking. They lined up in that reagard. However, when the guard was placed on and the hole under the drivers side weather stripping was too far down and the hole would not line up. It wasnt a matter of being able to shift it left/right, it was the other way.

Anyway, I thought about sending it back, but it seemed to fit fine otherwise, so I took matters into my onw hands ....

:)

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going back????

Think I may take my Lund back to the store. When I called them Monday, she sais she'd go right down and make sure the parts went out that day and they'd go second day air. Meaning I'd have the hardware on Wednesday. It never came. :3: Nobody knows anything about customer service anymore. I still think if you had a business and had GOOD customer service, people would beat a path to your door. :soapbox:

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DOH!

I called this morning to complain I never got the mounting hardware they were going to send to me Monday second day air. I also had e-mailed a tech who responded to an e-mail, and he said he would send it. I recieved nothing. This morning when I called, she looked it up and said an order was entered and it was NOT shipped. She assured me it was going out today. I recieved 2 different packages this afternoon containing the hardware. Shipped U.S. Mail, not second day as promised. And I should recieve a third on Tuesday. Can you say "lack of communication"? Anyone need some mounting hardware???

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For cryin out loud!!!

Well, I got home and opened both packages. Each had different hardware..both were wrong!!! :bangh: One you needed to drill. The other you needed sockets to attach nuts and bolts. So I called them...AGAIN!!! Guy tells me the hardware I needed to drill to install was correct. I told him others I know bought it and didn't have to drill which is why I bought it. He then looked further and said both kits I had were wrong. NOOOOOO!! REALLYYYYY??? He said the right hardware will go out Monday. We'll see.......

Attachments

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NO WAY!!!!

Well, the CORRECT hardware finally came on friday. I installed it on saturday, had no problems. The only thing I had to do was get 2 longer screws for the outer mounting holes. No drilling necessary.....NEVER thought I'd get it on...

:jump3:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts