Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do think? Pass somewhat for an EX now? I guess if I had the mirrors, above the rear window and the side molding painted it would look truly EX. Comments anyone?

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honda Logo Pinstriping :)

Kinda cool Honda Logo in the pinstriping

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hi michaelp95

Really great looking ride!

I like the contrast with the side trim and the little "H" ikn the striping. Sounds like you are a proud owner of a beautiful Pilot. Welcome if you haven't been welcomed yet...you will find wonderful people here with a love for their Pilots.

Don

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks great! I like the pinstriping...

Is the pinstriping standard on the LX's or is that something you had put on there.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
RUFIO said:

Is the pinstriping standard on the LX's or is that something you had put on there.
RUFIO: In michaelp95's signature line, he lists the pinstriping as a dealer added option... so it isn't standard on the LX. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks beautiful!!! How much were all the upgrades?

I like the black side molding because over time, it won't show wear as much as the painted molding.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
HondaFan said:

I like the black side molding because over time, it won't show wear as much as the painted molding.
the blackside molding is standard on LX...its upgraded to colorcoded side molding on the EXs:1:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
ramirami said:

the blackside molding is standard on LX...its upgraded to colorcoded side molding on the EXs:1:
My husband and I actually preferred the look of the black side molding and were kind of bemused that the color-coded molding is considered an "upgrade." The black molding will certainly conceal dings/blemishes better.

Like the shiny exhaust tips and the pinstriping (with the Honda logo), too.

A fine-looking vehicle, michaelp95!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Re: Honda Logo Pinstriping :)

michaelp95 said:
Kinda cool Honda Logo in the pinstriping
The black pinstriping looks nice on the silver.
Could you post another picture like the first pinstrip picture, but zoomed back a bit (looking front to back along the fender)? I know some other owners have asked about the appearance of pinstriping and you have a pretty good example.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks like an LX. The #1 factor in my choosing the EX over the LX was the black molding. Reminded me of the old station wagon I drove in high school. It had similar moding. To each their own.

·
Registered
144 Posts
michaelp95 said:
What do think? Pass somewhat for an EX now? I guess if I had the mirrors, above the rear window and the side molding painted it would look truly EX. Comments anyone?
Your Pilot Look P.H.A.T.!!!! I love the pinstripe. Do all dealers drop the logo into the pinstripe? I want it! How long are the chrome pipes?

PilotCrazy

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pinstriping

RUFIO said:

It was a dealer installed option, something rediculous like $199.00 for it. I personally could live without the pinstripe, I had pinstriping on my 90 Accord. It started peeling off within 2 years so when I tried to remove it completely it was a pain in a$$ in some places to get off.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HondaFan said:

The window tining was $200.00 for all windows except the windshield

Keyless entry was $100.00 installed

Wheels were 137.00 each from www.handaccessories.com

Chrome tips were from Pep Boys 2 1/8x9" $3.99 each

I too think in the long run having the moldings on the side black will hold up better than the painted EX moldings, but on the EX it gives it a more unified look.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Re: Honda Logo Pinstriping :)

tim.s said:
The black pinstriping looks nice on the silver.
Could you post another picture like the first pinstrip picture, but zoomed back a bit (looking front to back along the fender)? I know some other owners have asked about the appearance of pinstriping and you have a pretty good example.
I hope these pictures help my zoom isn't that great on this digital camera.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts