Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Updating some of my recorded music which I store in the My Honda Music app on my 2019 Touring. I went to delete all of the files I have on there now, but it keeps coming up with a message that there are no files to delete. Yet I can see all of my stored music and they all play when I select them.

I've done a search and found some reports regarding 2018 models, but the radio and Hard Drive in the 2019 is different than those I believe.

I will try pulling the fuse under the hood to reboot the system and see if that works. If not, I'll contact my dealer.

Anyone run into this problem? I think I only have about 40% of storage used on the hard drive if even that much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Didn’t know there was a hard drive to store music lol I have a 2016 ex-l but I put all my music in a usb.... try the fuse or if not unhook the battery terminals and see if that fix the problem..... let me know

·
Registered
152 Posts
Updating some of my recorded music which I store in the My Honda Music app on my 2019 Touring. I went to delete all of the files I have on there now, but it keeps coming up with a message that there are no files to delete. Yet I can see all of my stored music and they all play when I select them.

I've done a search and found some reports regarding 2018 models, but the radio and Hard Drive in the 2019 is different than those I believe.

I will try pulling the fuse under the hood to reboot the system and see if that works. If not, I'll contact my dealer.

Anyone run into this problem? I think I only have about 40% of storage used on the hard drive if even that much.
I have a 2019 Touring. I'm pretty sure it is a Solid State Drive (SSD) because it is a lot faster than the one I had in my 2013. Yes, I had some hiccups with mine. I thought I lost several folders of music. Tried to delete all the folders and do a clean install with the music again. I couldn't delete the folders. I reinstalled the folders that were missing, and it seems to be ok now.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,877 Posts
Have you checked for a software update lately?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2019 Touring. I'm pretty sure it is a Solid State Drive (SSD) because it is a lot faster than the one I had in my 2013. Yes, I had some hiccups with mine. I thought I lost several folders of music. Tried to delete all the folders and do a clean install with the music again. I couldn't delete the folders. I reinstalled the folders that were missing, and it seems to be ok now.
So were you able to delete the files at all, or just reinstalled the folders that were missing?

That's the next step if I don't get it to work after pulling the fuse to reset it. I had done the latest map update back in October? and a radio update also that had been issued and was over the air. I think that was within the last 6 months or so also.

·
Registered
152 Posts
So were you able to delete the files at all, or just reinstalled the folders that were missing?

That's the next step if I don't get it to work after pulling the fuse to reset it. I had done the latest map update back in October? and a radio update also that had been issued and was over the air. I think that was within the last 6 months or so also.
I think after I was unable to wipe the SSD clean, I just installed the folders that were missing.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pulled fuse #29 under the hood while the radio was on in order to reboot it. After reinstalling the fuse and pushing the power button for 2 seconds to allow the anti-theft to be over-ridden the DELETE still does not work for the files which are on the device. The only two files which show can be deleted are two that I put in last week. They are from a USB in MP3 with cover art tags.

The remaining files are I believe WMA files with no cover art. In the past I have been able to delete them with no problem. I will try deleting the two MP3 files I installed last week and then see if the rest of the files will show as being able to be deleted.

I'll be contacting the dealer next week if this doesn't work.

·
Administrator
4,877 Posts
Well you could go into the settings and do a factory reset on the entertainment system. Wipes out all settings to factory new.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well you could go into the settings and do a factory reset on the entertainment system. Wipes out all settings to factory new.
Only time I have ever done that is when I traded an MDX in. I wanted all my personal information (navigation favorites, home address, etc) removed and it also deleted all of the stored music files from what I remember. I'll look at the settings to see if I can select what can be reset but I think it may be all or nothing?

I'll have the dealer look at it and see what they find before I wipe everything from it.

Thanks

·
Administrator
4,877 Posts
Only time I have ever done that is when I traded an MDX in. I wanted all my personal information (navigation favorites, home address, etc) removed and it also deleted all of the stored music files from what I remember. I'll look at the settings to see if I can select what can be reset but I think it may be all or nothing?

I'll have the dealer look at it and see what they find before I wipe everything from it.

Thanks
It is the nuclear option. It wipes out everything in the head unit and you start all over again.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, that's what I see when I looked at the settings. Last resort option right now. I'll see what the dealer has to say. Of course, they will probable do the same reset that I could do but that is not an acceptable repair right now in my opinion. Has to be some type of software bug I would think.

·
Administrator
4,877 Posts
That's not necessarily a repair issue IMO. Files and file folders get corrupted. It's the nature of the beast when dealing with computers and yes the infotainment system is a computer. Limited in scope, but a computer none the less. No different than working with any operating system. Sometimes, like it or not, you just have to rebuild the thing. This is actually an easy rebuild. The one thing you might want to have on hand however is your infotainment system numbers just in case it asks for them. Part of the anti theft system Honda installed in their radios.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not working as designed, still under 36/36 warranty, should be good to go regardless of the problem I would think. No mods made to the system other than Honda over the air update for the radio and the navigation using a USB and the website for it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes, that's what I see when I looked at the settings. Last resort option right now. I'll see what the dealer has to say. Of course, they will probable do the same reset that I could do but that is not an acceptable repair right now in my opinion. Has to be some type of software bug I would think.
The nuke option might not be the right option. Do you have the music stored in several folders or just 1 folder. If several folders maybe try deleting one folder at a time. In my case a folder disappeared and I ended up just copying that folder from a USB to the SSD. I know it is quirky, but it's a lot better than the drive that was in my 2013 Touring.

·
Administrator
4,877 Posts
Not working as designed, still under 36/36 warranty, should be good to go regardless of the problem I would think. No mods made to the system other than Honda over the air update for the radio and the navigation using a USB and the website for it.
If I had to hazard a guess, an update probably glitched in the install, it only takes a second. I had a similar issue with my 2013 Pilot Touring. A couple of years in the radio screen would be black with white lines. Everything worked find just the screen would be messed up. Turn off the car and start it, perfectly fine. Dealer scoured from front to back, no hard ware issue. Finally they reset the thing. Problem solved. Never happened again. My update was done via CD from Honda. It happens. Dealer will most likely just nuke it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had incredibly annoying performance issues with playback of folders/files on a USB stick. Have talked to the dealer numerous times, and complained loudly, and gotten nowhere.

When they tried my stick in other 2019s, they did the same thing. 2020 worked fine.

To make things worse, the unit has a mind of its own. The particulars of the malfunctions vary from day to day.

I am totally disgusted with the unit, and have tried everything.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have had incredibly annoying performance issues with playback of folders/files on a USB stick. Have talked to the dealer numerous times, and complained loudly, and gotten nowhere.

When they tried my stick in other 2019s, they did the same thing. 2020 worked fine.

To make things worse, the unit has a mind of its own. The particulars of the malfunctions vary from day to day.

I am totally disgusted with the unit, and have tried everything.
Are you referring to just playing from a USB, or playing from the My Honda Music after you have loaded music from a USB?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are you referring to just playing from a USB, or playing from the My Honda Music after you have loaded music from a USB?
Actually, I have tried both ways, and the system screws up both ways. I can also tell you that the USB stick works fine in my 2015 Honda CRV, and worked fine in the vehicle I had before that.....a GMC Sierra pick up. Everything I have tried points to the 2019 Pilot system having a serious technical problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts