Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I park up a hill, to drop off a delivery. I get back in, put the car in drive took my foot off the brake and my 🚘started moving backward downhill. And when I press the gas, my tires screeched so baadddddd!!! Like it was struggling to go forward (NO MORE HILLS FOR ME💯)

Then later I went to start my car and gave a weird feel and longer start time.

Mechanic told me something about a catalytic converter a couple weeks back.

Long story short...A Lot of Work ahead of this baby.

***06 pilot ex-l
237k miles

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
So today I park up a hill, to drop off a delivery. I get back in, put the car in drive took my foot off the brake and my 🚘started moving backward downhill. And when I press the gas, my tires screeched so baadddddd!!! Like it was struggling to go forward (NO MORE HILLS FOR ME💯)

Then later I went to start my car and gave a weird feel and longer start time.

Mechanic told me something about a catalytic converter a couple weeks back.

Long story short...A Lot of Work ahead of this baby.

***06 pilot ex-l
237k miles
Rolling backwards! I bet that was scary. You could always grab the emergency brake.
As I had mentioned in one of your first post, your VVT Solinoid gasket with screen filters likely need replacing if they've never been done. They can equate to low power and poor fuel economy from a rich fuel condition. This can be the source of your Cat problems. It will only get worse. It's an easy DIY.

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,633 Posts
How steep was the hill?
I’ve been on plenty of steep hills with my wife’s Pilot and my Tacoma where you’ll start rolling backwards if you’re not quick enough between releasing the brake pedal and pressing the gas pedal. One thing I have learned when the hill is steep enough is left foot goes on the brake pedal, right foot starts giving it gas, then slowly release the brake pedal.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
You could always grab the emergency brake.
Stomping on it would probably work better. :)

This is not my 1964 Plymouth Valiant, where the emergency brake was a T-shaft you grabbed and pulled out from under the left side of the dash, nor my 1974 Fiat 128 where you grabbed it and yanked it up from just behind the stick shift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts