Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked the corresponding fuses and there is no bad ones. The rear woofer has power and I can hear sound from it, all of the other speakers are not working at all. Any ideas? I thought that maybe there is bad wiring but I really have no idea. Anything helps!! Thanks

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Model year?

Just to be sure, did you check the front/rear fader?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Wire harness may have come loose on the rear of the unit. Or if your Pilot has an audio amplifier perhaps that went bad. At this point I’m just throwing out ideas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wire harness may have come loose on the rear of the unit. Or if your Pilot has an audio amplifier perhaps that went bad. At this point I’m just throwing out ideas.
I think you're right, it seems like it might be a problem with the amplifier

·
Registered
279 Posts
What trim it is? Is it a higher end (i.e. touring) with a separate amp?
I used to have a 2007 EX, standard audio. The factory headunit on EX contains the amp for primary speakers, and a separate mono amp for the rear sub. If your model has a separate amp, not sure how the sub is configured on that.
I doubt that any connectors worked loose. The connector for speakers is same as power connector, so pretty much impossible to just lose all primary speakers and still have the audio power on.
So, if you got a regular audio(no separate amp), likely the main amp module in the audio unit went bad. If so, you might want to consider replacing your audio with something nice and new, something with proper phone support and a nice touch screen. Note, however, that you would likely need to replace the factory sub and add a mono amp to drive it.
If you got like a Touring with separate amp, check the amp fuses. (amps often have fuses of their own)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts