Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the third Honda I have owned (89 Accord and 2016 Civic). I'm very excited!
The car appears to be in excellent shape (I got it checked by a mechanic and also I bought it from a dealership).
The only immediate recommendation was a Power Steering Fluid Flush and then an alignment.

I'm getting new tires for it, strongly leaning toward Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015. I'm going to be on the road for quite a few months, during the winter, in Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico. There's a possibility I will do some winter camping, or at least be in places and on roads where an all-season tire just won't cut it!

The Yokohama's seem to be the best tire for this kind of adventure. I wasn't planning on doing any other aftermarket upgrades or add-ons, other than a ski rack. I'm open to suggestions however......such as (is there a good mobile phone holder device that I can buy that works well with the Pilot interior?)

Also I have read a few things on VCM disable.....but admittedly have no idea what that means. More research to do :)

Any other threads that anyone would like to point me to, please do. I see that I have an HDD button on my infotainment system, and it would be really cool to fill that up with tunes or audiobooks :)

·
Super Moderator
15,213 Posts
The VCM Muszzler is something that stops the V6 dropping cylinders in an effort to squeeze another 0.00001mpg. Effectively you run 6 cylinders all the time. In your shoes, I would get it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The VCM Muszzler is something that stops the V6 dropping cylinders in an effort to squeeze another 0.00001mpg. Effectively you run 6 cylinders all the time. In your shoes, I would get it.
I wear size 12 in most brands, does this make a difference? I prefer Salomon and New Balance :D

Is this something easy I can install myself or should I ask my mechanic to do it? Is there a best brand or perhaps link to buy it? Thanks!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I got the VCMuzzler for our '15, no regrets and no noticeable change in mileage. Runs nice and smooth.

The color looks fantastic on your Pilot! Nice job on that! I thought the only reddish was more of a burgundy, it doesn't appear that dark on yours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the VCMuzzler for our '15, no regrets and no noticeable change in mileage. Runs nice and smooth.

The color looks fantastic on your Pilot! Nice job on that! I thought the only reddish was more of a burgundy, it doesn't appear that dark on yours.
Thanks! I lucked out....this was the closet Pilot to my house in 4WD. And I love the color....the interior. Everything. Single owner that kept great care of the vehicle. Some minor scratches but that adds character. Ill look into the muzzler.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
This is the third Honda I have owned (89 Accord and 2016 Civic).
The car appears to be in excellent shape (I got it checked by a mechanic and also I bought it from a dealership).
The only immediate recommendation was a Power Steering Fluid Flush and then an alignment.
Check your VIN to be sure the airbag recalls have all been done.

I'm getting new tires for it, strongly leaning toward Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015. I'm going to be on the road for quite a few months, during the winter, in Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico. There's a possibility I will do some winter camping, or at least be in places and on roads where an all-season tire just won't cut it!
If you're "going to be on the road for quite a few months, during the winter, in Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico", then you should strongly consider getting a set of genuine winter tires - something with a 'T' speed rating, as for the OEM tires, and with a cap/overlay ply covering the steel belts.
Two possibilities are the Continental VikingContact 7 and the Yokohama iceGUARD G075.
https://www.continentaltire.com/product/vikingcontact-7-23560-r-18-107t
https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/iceguard-g075

·
Super Moderator
15,213 Posts
I wear size 12 in most brands, does this make a difference? I prefer Salomon and New Balance :D

Is this something easy I can install myself or should I ask my mechanic to do it? Is there a best brand or perhaps link to buy it? Thanks!
I prefer Adidas, so perhaps you should take my advice with grains of salt.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
New Balance is my brand of choice for shoes.😁

1 - 8 of 8 Posts