Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And dagnabit...I DID IT MYSELF! I opened up my wife's car too fast with checking the clearance. BAM! Though quite small, it's irritating and I see it all the time. I wanna get rid of it. Do those DingKing kits really work? They sell for about $20.....

·
Registered
964 Posts
I just got finished washing my Pilot and was going to ask the same question. I just noticed my first ding, on the hood right where it turns down to the grill. Probably a rock or something. I hate it when something that was close to perfect gets damaged. Oh well, can't stay new forever but I was hoping it would me more than 3 weeks before the first one showed up.

As for DingKing, sorry, can't help you on that one. I hear/read a lot about a service you can bring your car to where they can remove these little dings. I know I read about it on this board somewhere.

Good luck pulling her out!

·
Registered
483 Posts
ding king

Do not buy the ding king, I have fixed 3 cars that the owners have bought this tool and tried to fix it themselves. It only made the affected area larger. The dent itself was smaller but in all cases the surrounding areas were low and the immediate area around the dent was to high. I do dent removal for a living and I must say that I'm glad it doesnt work. I will say if you want the dent smaller and are only trying to get it somewhat better, this tool will work. If you want the dent gone completely where you cant tell it was ever there, save yourself the money and call good dent guy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Got my first ding last week!!

Not sure if it was construction guys being really sloppy or if it was someone's door in Home Depot's lot. Either way it hurts so bad. I can't bear to look at it. Of course, I now hate driving in the left lane and exposing my less than perfect side.

What can I do? Help!

·
Registered
66 Posts
jschramme said:
there is a ding insurance plan for 3 years for around $199
Please tell us more! My Pilot got dinged by a bike falling sideways in the garage onto the driver's door...ARGH.. small indent and paint got chipped to the primer. :3:

How much does it cost to get a ding removed? Where would you guys go in the DFW area?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts