Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, not a great comparison, but we now own both and I made some observations.
I've driven them both recently, and drive the 08 currently as my DD.

The 15 LX 4WD - 66K miles now on it- is really smooth. Quiet engine, suspension 'newer' = better/nicer.
The seat belt buckle in the front stick up about 2" higher = MUCH easier to buckle, and I only weigh about 165#'s. Much easier to buckle up.
Shifts smoother, etc. bought it about 4 months ago and at 15K, with NO corrosion anywhere (yet), this was a great buy! Wifes DD.

The 08 SE FWD- 189K miles on it now. Bought it new- 27K OTD. It's been a great SUV, I still drive it now as a DD.
A little engine noise- very little- runs great still. Less smooth- but OEM suspension.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
What about performance? Acceleration, braking, more fun to drive, etc. I could write a dissertation with the differences between the Traverse and Pilot that we own, this was too short!

Seat comfort.
Utility for your situation.
Features.
Visibility.
Ease of parking and maneuvering.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,399 Posts
I find the 2013 to feel a little peppier and it brakes really good. Easy to throw around, although the tires on it are absolute garbage.

Front seats on the 2008 are way more plush and generally comfortable (leather, I don't know if cloth is different). The 2013 seats are narrow. The 2nd row seats on the 2013 are way better and the ability to set the temperature and change the mode in the back is a huge plus.

2013 is EX-L w/ NAV. The navigation system is worthless and I actually wish it wasn't there. Bluetooth doesn't work great. I mainly use AUX. I really enjoy the glass hatch and the automatic tailgate.

The 2008 has better rear visibility, the 2013 has huge pillars in the very back of the car.

The 2013 feels wider so parking is a little more challenging for me, but I don't drive it all the time so I'm just more used to the 2008.

I also think the headlights in the '08 are 10x better than the '13. This was even before I switched the low beams and fog lights to LED. Not that the headlights in the '13 are bad...but just not as good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts