Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Nighthawk Black Pearl is now very happy with a full treatment of Zaino and a new Clear Bra. As we were doing the Zaino, a guy who does some work for me was telling us that someone he knows just had a $15,000 paint job done on his 1957 classic car and is using Zaino to protect it. Well worth the effort to Zaino my Pilot. I loves my Pilot!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Didn't upload the photo

OK, I am computer illiterate. I have a photo ready to upload in jpg that is only 49 KB and I have no clue as how to get it on here or on my profile. Could someone please let me in on the process? I wish my computer was as user friendly as my Pilot!

·
Registered
225 Posts
l

This verbage is about 6 lines down under the dialog box where u post

Attach file: Browse....
Maximum size: 200000 bytes
Valid file extensions: gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg 123 wk4 pdf

click browse find your picture and open
it'll be attached

ciao
mooz
exlss

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did that and it wouldn't take it. It is certainly within the parameters of the requirements.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It worked YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEE

·
Registered
140 Posts
Zaino

lakotalisa, I have ordered zaino, expecting it to arrive on Monday. Can you please post what is the waxin process you followed. and what z? did you use?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Really Nice!

Wow that looks great lakotalisa.....

Hard work I am sure but the end result is fantastic. Thanks for lettin' us seen your shiny ride.

Don
:roadtrip:

·
Registered
119 Posts
clear bra?

Nice color, paint looks good.....How do you like the clear bra?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Applying Zaino

First, we washed the entire rig with Dawn and cold water. We used a cotton covered sponge made for autos. Dried the rig completely with an Absorber (like a chamois but better). Then we mixed the Z7 with water in a spray bottle, as instructed and slipped and slid the clay bar all over the body. Even though this Pilot is fairly new, we found some rough spots. Then we washed the Pilot again with a different sponge, same type, with Z7, dried the rig entirely, then did one thin coat of Z5, about two ounces, mixed with ZFX with the applicator they supplied. We had some surface scratches and the Z5 got them all. Used a 100% cotton terry towel to remove this coat, then sprayed the entire body with a coat of Z6 applied to another terry towel. Then did a thin coat of Z2 mixed with ZFX, with another clean applicator, removed that with a clean terry towel, did another spray job of Z6, did another coat of Z2 and ZFX, removed that and a last spray with Z6. If anything this made the seam of the clear bra less noticable and you could not have a silkier finish. It took about four hours but this process only has to be done once in a long time....I really like the clear bra, although the seam is noticable if you look hard. Bugs and road gunk seem to come off with the rub of a finger. I bought my terry towels at Wally World, along with the other items.

·
Registered
29 Posts
DC Area ?

Does anyone know of a good installer for the clear bra in the Montgomery/Frederick County are of MD. I would like to look into getting it done. It seems as if it would save a lot of wear and tear from the grill area of the vehicle that gets all that road debris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice work, Lakotalisa

I love that Zaino too. Your Pilot looks great!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Re: Applying Zaino

Thanks. I have received my zaino. Waiting for this weekend.
Basically your process was z7-> z5 -> z6 -> z2 -> z6 -> z2 .
I do not have z7, but the rest I probably will do the same !!!
:D

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Did you apply Zaino to the clear bra?

·
Registered
289 Posts
wwong

I don't know if Lakotalisa applied it to the clear bra; but I have been since I installed it about a year ago. I just treat the clear bra like the rest of the car. It doesn't seem to hurt it any and it sure makes the bugs come off easily. I do make sure that I clean off the edge when I am done to prevent build-up.

PS. Got the door edge guards installed Saturday and it went well. You can see them a little easier than the clear bra; but I think that is because of the 18 mil thickness and all of the edges that are exposed. Looks good thought. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Thanks for the info on waxing the clear bra. On the door edge guard, the clear tape is 18 mil thick. I used this instead of the 8 mil thick everyone else uses for the door edge guard and the clear bra. On my Acura TL, I have the 8 mil clear tape on the door edge, which was installed by the dealer. Over time, the tape has been bruised especially when you open the door against a stucco wall. That is why I went with the thicker tape when I began selling them.

If you would like the 8 mil thick tape because it is thinner and the edges are not as exposed, I will send it to you. (Free of course) Just send me a PM or email.

·
Registered
289 Posts
wwong

Not at all. I wasn't complaining. I like the extra protection the 18 mil provides. I think it just makes it a TAD easier to see; but that is a small price to pay for the extra protection. I'm sorry if I sounded like I was complaining.:eek:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More photos of what Zaino will do for you!

Yes, I did put Zaino on the clear bra. If you go to 3M or X-pel, they have a list of installers that have actually had real training in putting it on. Here is the Zaino shine and also what a clear bra looks like....can't see mine, can you?

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Next

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
See the clear bra yet?