Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 pilot. My daughter was driving it and said the transmission started not wanting to shift so she limped it home. I went to start it and the battery was dead. Charged and checked battery it’s still good. Checked the alternator and it wasn’t charging battery. I put a new alternator on and the same thing it won’t charge battery. I though it was weird that the alternator, battery, and transmission all went out at the same time. With the battery fully charged it seems to drive and shift fine. When the battery drained she have no power or want to shift. I’m think problem between the alternator and battery. All grounds and connections seem fine. Also the battery light on the dash isn’t coming on. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,046 Posts
What’s voltage you are seeing with the engine running?
Wondering about the tensioner and the accessory belt. Changing them every 100k avoids belt slippage
Follow the wiring from alternator and look for damage and corrosion.
Starting with cheapest ideas first.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
My guess is that it's because (s)he didn't follow protocol and only thanked people without giving them the statutory "Like." :oops:
It is kind of odd to thank from out of the blue.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
813 Posts
My guess is that it's because (s)he didn't follow protocol and only thanked people without giving them the statutory "Like." :oops:
Jeez. I don’t remember to click “like” half the time lol.
It is kind of odd to thank from out of the blue.
Yea who makes a whole account just to say thank you?😂

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Just to hedge my bets against getting banned, I've preemptively liked every single post in this thread except the banned one. Whew, that was a close one.

BTW, Hoa Kỳ is a way of saying USA in Vietnamese, AFAIK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Check fuses. Check #6 (15amp) first.
So I looked in the left side kick panel turned out the 6th fuse from the bottom was a 15 amp fuse and it was blown. I replaced the fuse. Everything was fine for a couple weeks then started blowing this fuse almost every time she tried to drive her pilot. I’ve looked for bare wires causing a short but can’t find any. I’ve noticed that the battery light will flicker for like maybe a tenth of a second then the VTM light, check engine light both come on when the fuse flows. Also the alternator stops charging the battery and the transmission dont shift into higher gears, causing the drive light to blink. All this seems to run off this 15amp fuse. The code reader has 3 code, pressure control solenoid A, 02 bank1 sensor1, 02 bank 1 sensor2. I think these happen when the fuse blows. I’m thinking something to do with the battery light flicker right before the fuse blows. I know that’s a lot of information but was hoping to give enough information that someone could give me a place to start looking before I break down and put it in the shop.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Make sure your 2 grounding straps, one from the frame to the transmission and one from the frame to the engine are not coroded and are intact.
In fact, check all your alternator and battery cables and connections are not corroded, frayed or rusty. Change any iffy ones.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
In fact, check all your alternator and battery cables and connections are not corroded, frayed or rusty. Change any iffy ones.
I think this one got banned when you could get banned.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,846 Posts
Also make sure cables are securely tightened.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,846 Posts
I would definitely break out the voltmeter and measure battery voltage under these three conditions:
No load (Pilot off): ~12.6Vdc
Pilot running (fans/blowers, headlights, and radio all off): ~14.4Vdv
Pilot running (previous items turned on): Voltage should be ~0.2Vdc below previous measurement.

All measurements taken between battery positive and battery negative.

Report back with your findings.

Reactions: Kemph and plplplpl

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
I would definitely break out the voltmeter and measure battery voltage under these three conditions:
No load (Pilot off): ~12.6Vdc
Pilot running (fans/blowers, headlights, and radio all off): ~14.4Vdv
Pilot running (previous items turned on): Voltage should be ~0.2Vdc below previous measurement.

All measurements taken between battery positive and battery negative.

Report back with your findings.
I'm sure they are still banned.
Possibly a Nigerian Prince scam or something.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts