Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Almighty dodge Dakota V8. Resting and 8 inches of snow.
It is rear wheel drive only and not that great on icy surfaces.
It is in my side yard resting for the winter as I drive my two Honda pilots – front wheel drive 08,
And 4WD drive 15.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
10,196 Posts
It is rear wheel drive only and not that great on icy surfaces.
It is in my side yard resting for the winter as I drive my two Honda pilots – front wheel drive 08,
And 4WD drive 15. View attachment 143535
So, the definition of a TRUCK is a vehicle that becomes utterly useless if there is a measly eight inches of snow.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In this case, NOW, yes.

However, up until this winter, I drove this truck everywhere- daily driver- IN THE SNOW!

I tried the 350#'s of sandbags in the bed over the rear end too- didn't help much.

It's RWD only. It is Posi and that helped a lot.

Lot of pucker factor driving for over 10 years in WI in this truck.

But NOW?
I'm using out FWD 08 Pilot,
and the wife is using our 4WD 15 Pilot.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,860 Posts
Does it give you Resting Dodge Face as you walk by it to take your younger Hondas out?

It's RWD only.
I cut my winter driving teeth on RWD through the whole season for many a year.

OK, it wasn't always fun.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice truck, those rims look good even with those general tires. The Pilot 4WD can go in any snowstorm!
Thanks, the wheels are stock dodge 2001 that came with the 'tire and handling' pack.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,860 Posts
Nice truck, those rims look good even with those general tires. The Pilot 4WD can go in any snowstorm!
Until you bottom out, anyway.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
652 Posts
As other threads. Check the local listings, you might find some rims with good ACTUAL winter tires to try on there. Right tools for the job. If a Mustang GT can get around no issues (pending clearance) the Dodge will also. HIGHLY recommend 4 as you want to be able to stop and turn more so once you go.

Does your bike have those whitewall hard center tread cruiser tires or did you spring for those nice sticky wear out fast versions? My friends FJ1100 and Katanah 750 would look like gravel studded tires in the parking lot as the rubber got that soft from his rides. His dads cruiser was always worn center, his full center, no sides.

I won't dive down the rabbit hole of why buy a 2WD pickup, but that's me.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Dakota is STILL an awesome truck @ over 268K miles. It's been a great family car and great tow truck, etc.

I bought it when I lived in TX. and had no idea I'd end up taking it to the Midwest. Unless you're dong some serious offroading- nobody has 4WD in TX.
I'm enjoying the FWD Pilot right now, it (the truck) will sit all winter now.
Front end is shot in it too!
Motor and drive train are still awesome. It will need another clutch and pressure plate soon too. Left front wheel bearing, etc.

My Sport bike only has pretty sticky tires, and very small if any chicken strips.

Reactions: 311042
1 - 10 of 10 Posts