Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I got my new aftermarket RES (TV/DVD) installed yesterday. I paid $900 (including installation). Here's what's included:

a. 7" Flip down monitor TFT Active matrix Display (Power Technique)
b. DVD Player (Power Technique) under the front passenger seat
c. Power Inverter (for future AC/DC plug ins such as Playstation, laptop, anything..., it also has audio/video input
d. FM Modulator (sound will come out thru my FM station 90.5)
e. 2 Wireless Headsets
f. 2 remotes (monitor and DVD player)

I've done research on 5-6 retailers in the area, the lowest price that I got was $499 TV/DVD only and installation included......no power inverter, no FM modulator, no wireless headsets, no sensors for wireless headsets.

The Power Inverter works great, I plugged in my digital video camera, and was able to watch home videos yesterday.

The install looks great - looks like factory install.....wish the DVD player was in-dash - but that would have cost me more.

Thanks for the advice......a key deciding factor for us was picture clarity and affordability. Now we're set for that road trip to Lake Tahoe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ex0904 said:
I am also looking for something like this.
Could you post some photographs?
I will post some photographs sometime this weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW - it came with 2 year parts warranty, and Lifetime installation warranty....and it gives me the option to listen to my own CD or the radio, while someone is watching the DVD and listening via the headsets.

The funny thing is one salesman from another store was trying to talk to me about TFT active matrix display, and he said how important it is.....if I was 5 feet away from the screen, I won't see it very clearly. I said, if I was 5 feet away, I would probably be "outside" of the vehicle, and chances are, I won't be watching the monitor......the farthest distance I would be is the back seat with is about 2-3 feet away......kinda funny!:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
freudian-slip said:
Would you mind stating where you purchased/had this installed?

Thanks!
I had it installed in Ventura, California....and the $900 also included tax. It's one of those retailers that you can wheel and deal with - unlike a big retailer like Best Buy or Circuit City, they're prices are always set.

You should find something comparable, if not, better deals in your area.....just took a little perseverance and research.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
Do you have any pictures?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
banningjr said:
Do you have any pictures?
Of myself? :2: Sorry, married here! hahahahahaha

I will post some pictures sometime this weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
gap4jason said:

a. 7" Flip down monitor TFT Active matrix Display (Power Technique)
b. DVD Player (Power Technique) under the front passenger seat
Sorry, if it sounds outright stupid ... but what is a "Power Technique" ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
gap4jason said:
B

The funny thing is one salesman from another store was trying to talk to me about TFT active matrix display, and he said how important it is.....if I was 5 feet away from the screen, I won't see it very clearly. I said, if I was 5 feet away, I would probably be "outside" of the vehicle, and chances are, I won't be watching the monitor......the farthest distance I would be is the back seat with is about 2-3 feet away......kinda funny!:p
The thing about Active TFT is the off-axis angle,
i.e. can you actually see what's on the screen
well at an angle. If you've looked at flat screen
PC monitors, you should know what I am talking about. Do you know what the spec is on the monitor
you got?
I am looking to get an ICON-TV 7" unit, that claims 175% horizontal viewing angle. www.icon-tv.org
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kruzo said:


The thing about Active TFT is the off-axis angle,
i.e. can you actually see what's on the screen
well at an angle. If you've looked at flat screen
PC monitors, you should know what I am talking about. Do you know what the spec is on the monitor
you got?
I am looking to get an ICON-TV 7" unit, that claims 175% horizontal viewing angle. www.icon-tv.org
Oh, I am very aware what TFT does....I just found it funny when he kept reiterating if I am "5 Feet away"......my point to him was if I was that far away, chances are I would not be located inside the vehicle. The farthest I would be would be the back seat :)

I have to check on the specs.....the box is in the Pilot, I don't have it at the moment.....I'll post it later....and also, the screen "swivels" left to right.

About Power Technique - it's the brand name of the DVD and Screen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pictures of the monitor

To those who asked for specifics on the TV/DVD, here it goes:

Performance Teknique (with a "K") (ICBM-9799) DVD Player
Dimensions 7" x 8 7/8" x 2 "
Plays DVD, VCD, SVCD, DVCD, MP3, CD, CDR, CD-RW
NTSC / PAL Compatible
Anti-shock/Anti-skip Mechanism
AC/DC Operation (AC Adapter included)
Zoom/ A-B Repeat/Mute
External Infrared Sensor
Full function Remote
Analog Audio Input
Digital Coaxial Audio Input
Front Audio/Video Input

Performance Teknique 7" TFT LCD Ceiling Mount Monitor
Low Reflection High Res TFT LCD
Adjustable Angle Hinge System
Screen Revolve Function
Blue Back Function
Adjustable Screen Mode
Built-in Dome lIght
Resolution 1440 x 234
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
another pic
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
and yet another one
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
do you have some contact information for the place you got it installed, phone #, name of company.

Did they have to put in a new headliner?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jtbmoore said:
do you have some contact information for the place you got it installed, phone #, name of company.

Did they have to put in a new headliner?

Thanks
New Headliner? Is that the thing that surrounds the perimeter of monitor? If so - no they didn't.

As far as name....it's Audio Land, I talked to 3 people - Alex, Ramie, and Omar - the installer is Edwin.

They're new in town, however, are also located in different places in Orange County, CA. I don't have the # off-hand, just call 411, I'm sure they have their info. Their on Telephone Road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
The DVD flip screen is great. Can you give me company number or name where you installed.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top