Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had a scare that I never thought I would see happen. Went shopping, came home put the car in park. Took in packages and when I was coming back outside to move the pilot to the garage, it was doing so all by itself. The only way I could stop it was to have it crash into the back wall of the garage. I have no idea how this could have happened as I walked from the car to the house, put down packages and was heading back out and the car was 1/2 way in the garage. Luckily no major damage, just concerns. I read some post about pilots accelerating in when being put into park .. put this is when all was out of the car and the car was still running in park.

anyone ever had this happen?

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'm not sure what I am reading. It is very difficult to understand.

Did your car move when you were not in it?
Did your car hit the garage wall?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Was it still "in park" when you got back in?

Did it roll forward or in reverse?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it was no longer in park.... which I have no idea how it wasn't as you have to step on the break to change the shifter. the car went forward

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like you inadvertantly failed to put her in park when you got out the first time. Or your garage is haunted. Pick the explanation that seems more reasonable to you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you certain you put the car into park? Perhaps it was placed into neutral and the car rolled forward. When you got back in, was the car in drive?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts