Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just brought this car and the battery just keep dying on me I tried putting a new battery and a new alternator on but the problem keeps happening and I just don’t know to do now any idea

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
754 Posts
Sounds like you have a wire or electrical item going to ground. How long does it take before your battery is dead? Any other items that may have been recently added? More details please

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,180 Posts
Most chain auto parts, like AutoZone will hook up the alt. and battery and tell you if they are bad, the regulator, etc. Free.
I'd try that first.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,181 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Good suggestions above. To add to that, if you want to learn how to check the alternator voltage output yourself invest in a multimeter. The Harbor Freight $7 one is sufficient. You’ll find plenty of videos on YouTube how to take the alternator voltage measurements. You’ll find many other uses for the multimeter (such as locating the possible parasitic current draw on your Pilot) so it’s a very useful electronic debugging tool.

Reactions: The Todd

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,871 Posts
Welcome and thanks for registering at piloteers.org. We are glad you have chosen to be part of the community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

I would concur with the above suggestions. Have the batter/alternator tested to make sure the problem is not with either one of them. From there if they check out fine check for a parasitic drain. Loose wire, stripped insulation etc. This is a good article for tracking down parasitic drains. Advance Auto Parts - Down for Maintenance There are also several good you tube videos on the same subject.

Please take a moment to look over the FAQ section. If you need assistance please use the “message” function to contact any staff member.

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to register at the Honda Owners web site. It is full of information you may find useful about your particular Honda vehicle(s).

Enjoy and all the best,

Daltongang

·
Registered
2004 Honda Pilot
1 Posts
We just recently purchased an 04 Pilot a month ago ourselves and had the same issue. We took it to O'reilly Auto Parts and had it checked which they discovered that we had a loose connection to the battery. They tightened up the connection and haven't had any issue since. I suggest taking it to an auto parts store to have the electrical system checked and make sure the connections are tight.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,180 Posts
I think the OP was a One post wonder?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,181 Posts
I think the OP was a One post wonder?
I’m going with OP forgot to check the box which sends email alerts when someone has responded to the thread. S/he is probably wondering why nobody has responded to the question. Hopefully OP comes back so we know the outcome.

Reactions: ConrodM
1 - 8 of 8 Posts