Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Sorry if someone has been talking about this problem, I couldn't find this problem anywhere.

So, my Pilot had to suffer Hurricane Micheal's full fury due to reasons I would prefer not to share. When we were allowed to come back, to my amazement the car looked fine besides pine needles, grass, and dirt covering the outside. It is a stark contrast to everything that was around it.

However, ever since the Hurricane, the car has been surging and the transmission+Idle Stop/Start is very jolting (more jolting than normal). About a week later, my heart sank after seeing that my check engine light was on. It is not a very pleasant sight considering everything else that is going on at my house. It said Emissions System Problem. I would restart the engine and the light would stay on.

So, seeing as my car is under full-warranty and this is not the time for my car to be leaving me stranded, I sent for my car to be picked up, and my dealer gave me a loaner Pilot. The main question of the post is, what is going on? Has anyone else had this problem before, or is it just my Pilot? If you have had this problem too, please share your experience and or advice please. Because, heading into my purchase I was hoping for Honda reliability, so I hope this is just a fluke, or the Hurricane did something to it. Either way, it will be covered under-warranty for now, but I am starting to get worried about long-term problems and I really hope I don't have to get a Highlander to get a reliable SUV. The car is at 23,195 miles (as of the time the dealer picked it up) in case anybody is wondering. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Sorry to hear what you are going through. If the Pilot was acting fine before the storm and only started having issues right afterwards I would be inclined to believe the problems were induced by the severe environment it was put through. I’m sure that your dealer will hook it up to their diagnostic equipment and get to the bottom of this. For the most part Hondas tend to be very reliable vehicles when properly maintained. My parents owned three, and my wife and I have owned three with the 2005 Pilot being her current daily driver. I would not hesitate to get another Honda when the time comes.
I hope things start heading in the positive direction for you.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We didn't have flooding where we were thank goodness, so no. I still haven't heard back from my dealership yet. It just seems like a very odd thing to have happen. Because it was Emissions System Problem that showed up when I saw the Check Engine Light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts