Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Honda Pilot and have been having issues with all cylinders misfiring. Also catalytic converters issues - bank 1 and 2. Repairs done. I also have had motor mounts issues which I have had fixed since then. I have had and currently am still having vibration issues when I am driving on the freeway ( usually when I am accelerating upwards of 50 mph)
A mechanic told me about the vcm muzzler II. I purchased it about 3 weeks ago, installed it ( very simple to do) started with the blue resistor as recommended. Seemed to lesson the vibrations at first, however the eco light continued to come on. After a week I switched to the brown resistor. This did not help with vibrations at all or with the eco light, so I went back to the blue one. It’s been over two weeks and the eco light is still coming on and the dash still vibrates sporadically.
i welcome any suggestions or words of wisdom. Thx GmaRina

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
I have a 2006 Honda Pilot and have been having issues with all cylinders misfiring. Also catalytic converters issues - bank 1 and 2. Repairs done. I also have had motor mounts issues which I have had fixed since then. I have had and currently am still having vibration issues when I am driving on the freeway ( usually when I am accelerating upwards of 50 mph)
A mechanic told me about the vcm muzzler II. I purchased it about 3 weeks ago, installed it ( very simple to do) started with the blue resistor as recommended. Seemed to lesson the vibrations at first, however the eco light continued to come on. After a week I switched to the brown resistor. This did not help with vibrations at all or with the eco light, so I went back to the blue one. It’s been over two weeks and the eco light is still coming on and the dash still vibrates sporadically.
i welcome any suggestions or words of wisdom. Thx GmaRina
That device will work if you can figure out which resistor to use. I believe that device comes with 5 different ones.
They make these devices now without the need to change resistors. I use S-VCM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for recommendation. I will try the yellow resistor and see what happens. I do have 240,000 miles on the pilot. It may be time to start looking for something else in the near future.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Thx for recommendation. I will try the yellow resistor and see what happens. I do have 240,000 miles on the pilot. It may be time to start looking for something else in the near future.
If your engine light is off and the rest if the vehicle is mechanically sound, it's not impossible to see a Pilot go 300k miles+ if the maintenance is kept up.
If your vehicle were mine, disabling the VCM, making sure that the eco light stays off would be priority. One of those resistors should work, but they are not always reliable at keeping the light off 100% of the time due to temperature change, sometimes you have to change again. I'd consider a device that requires no human thinking.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,283 Posts
OP, just checking... Is your 2006 FWD or AWD? I'm assuming if you have the ECO light it's FWD, right? Because AWDs of that year don't have VCM.

Anyway, a few things that might help with misfires:
  • Clean your MAP sensor.
  • Replace your PCV valve.
  • Clean you EGR ports and passages and EGR valve, or just replace it.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
OP, just checking... Is your 2006 FWD or AWD? I'm assuming if you have the ECO light it's FWD, right? Because AWDs of that year don't have VCM.
I would assume that this Pilot having an eco light = FWD since the AWD has no VCM.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,283 Posts
Yes, that's what I was assuming. Actually it is certain, if he does indeed have an ECO light in his Pilot.

Because AWDs of that year don't have VCM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts