Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 pilot with 80,000 miles. All of a sudden, we have multiple warning lights coming on. It started on a trip home from Colorado when the ABS and emissions lights came on about a year ago. Drove it to a dealership, lights went off and they couldn’t pull up the code. Updated the system and we were good until July when it happened again on our way home from Colorado. Then almost home, the lights went off. About a month ago, the ACC, lane assist and mitigation lights randomly illuminated off and on at different times. Today, those lights went off, now the emissions, power steering and other lights decided to illuminate and the others went off for the most part. There is no rhyme or reason why and when they come on. We were told by the dealership that it was the sensor on the front of the car. To replace it it would cost $1900. But that wouldn’t fix the other lights coming on. Please help!

·
Registered
243 Posts
There have been multiple, similar posts on this forum, especially on the 2016-2017 years. Many have had the issue solved by replacing the battery. I don't know the production date of your Pilot, but that battery could be approaching 4-5 years old.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There have been multiple, similar posts on this forum, especially on the 2016-2017 years. Many have had the issue solved by replacing the battery. I don't know the production date of your Pilot, but that battery could be approaching 4-5 years old.
Thanks, replaced our battery soon after we purchased the car. I will have it tested.

·
Registered
243 Posts
May not be relative to your post, but it often matters which model of Pilot you own. The Elite & Touring take a different battery than other models. I have also seen even experienced mechanics fail to inspect the battery ground cables where they attach to frame/engine. Corrosion at these points will often cause weird electrical issues. The system is no better than its weakest link.

·
Registered
300 Posts
see the following thread

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks, replaced our battery soon after we purchased the car. I will have it tested.
Did you get this issue fixed? I’m having the same issue and read about a Fuel Injectors replacement, by owner “Hondapiston”. He had tried a new battery, but warnings came back.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’ve seen the issue once on my ‘17 with about 46k in it, getting warnings about lane assist, traction control, and a few others (all seemed related to steering and traction). The battery was immediately suspect. In my case, it happened on a colder day (which reduces battery performance), and when I jumped into the car, I turned both the seat and steering wheel heaters on as I pressed the start button. Those electrical heaters put a strain on the battery. Once I got over the shock of it, turned the car off and back on, everything went back to normal. I haven’t had the battery replaced yet, and my model also has the idle stop-start system which puts further strain on it. That battery gets taxed more than any car I’ve had before.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My dash warnings went away after multiple days seeing them. I’ll report back if they come back again.

Last week I had my battery tested at the dealership and had them pull fault codes off of the vehicle.
Battery tested strong...so don’t think this is a battery issue for me.
Fault codes did show multiple codes, and included a P0301 “misfire No 1 Cylinder”... dealer service rep said this was a critical fault and she wanted to have it inspected ($140) I said the dash warnings had not returned and vehicle was operating fine so, for now, I was not going to spend money chasing ghosts.
However I am worried about issues regarding Direct Fuel Injectors causing valve issues (As read on other posts) and if more issues occur, I’m considering going though the inspection to be considered for the Fuel Injector replacement per Service Bulletins.

Anyone else with similar experiences?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts