Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals. First let me say that this forum has already saved me $1500.00 in doing my own timing belt, plugs, and knock sensor replacement on my 2006 Pilot EXL 2wd. That fixed my P0305 code, my miss fire codes, and the Aisin kit gives me peace of mind at 235k. She is new to me but I love driving the Pilot. The shake down cruise yielded no codes at all and a new to me, Green ECO light in the instrument cluster and the old girl had good pep.

Fast forward to this morning. Fired right up, cut on the lights and some a/c (I live in the humid capitol of the US, MS) and about halfway down my dirt road the CEL came back on. Drove it the rest of the way to work and grumped about for my 8 hours (after the above work I was kinda pissed off). I came out from work, got in, and it had 12 codes, it seemed the whole lower 300 series.
Anyway I opened the hood, rechecked what I could with my eyes, decided to clear the codes. After I cleared them I started it up, turned on the a/c (it was 94 today) and proceeded to drive her the 26 miles home sometimes up to 75 mph. The ECO light made its appearance again and the Pilot threw absolutely no codes on the way home.

So, diligent reader that I am, I did see something about possible low battery voltage causing this? Can that be possible? I mean it sat for a week, cranks just fine and rather briskly compared to my Chevy truck. Any threads directly related to this maybe and some fixes?

Also could it be a poor ground perhaps?

Any sage advise appreciated and this old bald guy lost some more hair over this.. LOL

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
How old are your battery and alternator? What voltage are you reading with the engine shut off and at idle?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How old are your battery and alternator? What voltage are you reading with the engine shut off and at idle?
Unknown. I have discovered that it only throws the codes when it starts cold first thing
In the morning and the lights and ac are on. So that may indicate a weak battery or alternator.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unknown. I fully serviced the battery, cleared the codes again. Battery reads 13.2 at rest, 13.84 to 13.96 at engine idle with the lights on and the a/c running full blast as are both engine fans. Note that after I charged up the battery ( was a little down on water but still over the plates ) the Pilot did not throw codes when I started again with the a/c on. Friday I started it at work when it was raining like stink and the a/c was on at that time and it threw the codes. Tomorrow I will clean and reassemble all the grounds I can locate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts