Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do these really work well...Live on a dirt road......They did not work on my, dare I say it, Ford (now gone!!!) Explorer.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Not too great

I may be one of the only people here who bought a "naked" Pilot, no splash/mudguards or anything, so I have lived without and with them. They definitely help a little, but not a major difference. The roadfilm spray has a smaller arc I guess you could say.
If you live on a dirt road, be prepared for a super dirty Pilot hiney. This thing can stay looking clean everywhere for awhile, except for the back :3: I guess all square vehicle do this though.

Back to mudguards: I think they're worth the $30 I paid though (ebay), if not for functionality, at least for aesthetic balance. Super easy DIY job too.

·
Registered
747 Posts
74pilotmom is right. the majot reason I bought mine was for the look. But they do help a little. Especially for tar and chips.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
timchen said:
74pilotmom is right. the majot reason I bought mine was for the look. But they do help a little. Especially for tar and chips.
and keeps a bit of mud off after you drive off from the car wash:mad:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
timchen said:
The only thing I can add to this is that they do help the guy behind you some too - from rocks and such that are thrown up by YOUR tires.

:)

·
Registered
483 Posts
VirginRi said:
Do these really work well...Live on a dirt road......They did not work on my, dare I say it, Ford (now gone!!!) Explorer.

Thank you.
These are a no-brainer, for the money, these are a must have, its been stated in the above posts, but I'll chime in anyway, they do help a little and they look nicer with than without.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts