Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I was surfing around the web last night and found this below.

The viscosity index of 222 is insanely good!

Doesn't look like it's sold much outside of Europe as I was trying to find it in the US for sale. Perhaps, it could be ordered from some online store and be shipped internationally. I'll checkout a few places selling it online and email/ask if they ship internationally.

Does anyone know of another type of fully synthetic or 100% synthetic PSF formulated for Honda?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Where's @Nail Grease when you need him?

Looks like it would be fine, I don't know much about power steering systems and how sensitive they are to fluids... I'd imagine viscosity affects steering effort but does the fluid affect things like return to center and feedback and other items?

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking at the MSDS info. it seems like this is more of a semi-synthetic. They don't specify what the base oil is so, I'd be on the safe side and say it's probably group III (group III isn't bad and is still super good highly refined dino oil that doesn't perform that much worse than a group 5 when it has wear additives) or lower oil. I looked it up and hydrogenated Decene is a group 5 PAO so, that's good so, at minimum I'd assume it's at least 25% synthetic up to 50%. Hopefully, much closer to the 50% area.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
Where's @Nail Grease when you need him?

Looks like it would be fine, I don't know much about power steering systems and how sensitive they are to fluids... I'd imagine viscosity affects steering effort but does the fluid affect things like return to center and feedback and other items?
I'd never put anything in my PS system except Genuine Honda. It's just not problematic. My 245k mile Crosstour has had the PS fluid flushed out with new fluid 3 times in 8 years. Never a problem.

·
Registered
8,906 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Forget about MPM as it's not easy to get plus, LubeGard definitely appears to be better (more synthetic) than the MPM. Just ordered two bottles of LubeGard.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd never put anything in my PS system except Genuine Honda. It's just not problematic. My 245k mile Crosstour has had the PS fluid flushed out with new fluid 3 times in 8 years. Never a problem.
I feel safe straying from the Honda OEM PSF as long as its specifically formulated for Hondas as MPM and Lubegard are. I agree too that as long as you're flushing your PSF with OEM you'll still be fine and dandy for the life of the vehicle.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hummm, from Lubegard product website "LUBEGARD® COMPLETE™ Synthetic Power Steering Fluid for Honda & Acura was engineered specifically for 2007 and up applications that call for a fully synthetic power steering fluid. " so, sounds like to the OEM is synthetic??

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
Reactions: Depleted Islet

·
Registered
9,352 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,241 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts