Warranty September, 2019, 4,900 miles, TSB 19-096, new software installed

Maintenance July, 2019, 3,794 miles, Oil and filter
Maintenance January, 2020, 6,902 miles, Oil and filter, tire rotation
Covered by Honda Care Maintenance, No Charge

Accessories
OEM High Wall winter floor mats
OEM Splash Guard mud flaps
Music collection 44 CDs on a Lexar by Micron 32GB USB, works good
We purchased our 2019 Touring AWD on February 28th, 2019. It had also been built in August and was on a dealers lot for 6 months before we purchased it from a different dealer who traded for it. It was a little bit hard to find since we wanted the second row bench seat and my wife also insisted on White Diamond with Beige leather.

I just went out and checked Trip B since I have never reset it either. I had an "Ohh &&^*%" moment when the miles shown was only 984! It then dawned on me that the trip odom must have turned over at 10000 miles since I have 10984 actual miles on the car. The car is showing 23.1 MPG for the 10984 miles. I have recorded every fill up since new using Fuelly and the actual MPG for the 10984 miles is 22.4. The car has always shown about 1-2 mpg better than actually achieved on Trip A which I reset after each refulling.

The biggest repair was having to get a new battery under warranty within the first week or so of ownership. The Auto Idle/Stop wasn't working correctly even after the dealer had charged it fully. A new battery took care of the problem.

I did purchase the Honda Care Warranty online for 96/120000 $0.00 deductible. The dealer wanted $1000.00 more than the quote I had received online and would not deal at all on it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I just got what I consider excellent fuel economy on a trip this week. Roundtrip Philly area to Jackson New Hampshire with a could trips durning our stay for a total of 1290 miles. I average 30.7 miles per gallon on the trip computer and 29.9 mph doing my own math at the pump. 75% of the trip was 65-70 mph highway, coming home today was 25-35mph the first few hours in the snow.

·
Registered
203 Posts
You must be a master hypermiler:) I have seen 28-29 on the computer when driving under 75 mph on a hwy. My computer average is still 21 mpg. Cold starts, traffic and driving around town drops mpg quite a bit. However, this car is perfect for long hwy trips.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update 11,500 miles on 19 touring I got in aug of 18. Car mpg stinks. City is 14/15. The highway I get 25 going 75 with eco. Car is disappointing is a few ways - city mpg as you can see but also has electrical issues - car was recently hit in a parking lot. Rear ended and back hatch was damaged but it was drivable - car after the hit didn’t turnover and was then needed to be flatbedded to dealer who had no idea why it won’t start except to say these cars have a lot of sensors. Radio issues have been documented 2x thus far. Coming from a 2011 cr-v this thing has been to the dealer more times in 1.5 years then the 8 we had the crv . Shame

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey guys

If possible, can ya'll chime in on what MPG you are getting? I know there are a lot of factors that can influence it, but just curious. I currently have a 2013 EX-L, and my gas mileage is horrible. Wife drives 80% local, (not with a heavy foot) which I understand will result in lower readings, but I think 12.6 is pretty bad. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new Touring, but just want to see how fuel economy is on the new model. I guess I would prefer to hear readings on local commuters with a 2WD, but I'll take all the input I can get. Thanks in advance for all and any info that you guys can give me!
Didn't say if your wife has AWD or just 2WD. I have 2010 Pilot AWD, 6 speed with new spark plugs, Mobile gas 89 octane 1 person in empty car 22.2. Mobile gas 87 octane 19.5 MPG. Mobile/Exxon 87 octane plus 3 oz Lucas Injector cleaner city/highway 19.3 - 20.2 MPG with 2 people. Cheap gas you know who they, are 15.7 to 17.5 MPG as injectors get clogged. and then the engine light comes on until I get good gas and add the injector cleaner to clean and lubricate the injectors. On newer model with 8 or 9 speeds you should be even better. Watch your tire pressure also, don't carry lots of stuff extra weight you don't need. If your not using add on roof racks for skiis, kayaks, roof totes etc take them off as they cause wind drag.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Pilot Elite
16 Posts
I get an average of 25-26mpg when the mix is about 75% highway and 25% city. If I do nothing but highway I can do 29-30mpg in econ mode cruising ~70mph. I have a 2017 AWD.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So my wife’s -19 back at dealer - they are saying (and insurance paying) for more issues caused by rear end damage done listed above. The 19 on pilots are not good cars - mpg and electrical an issue . Maybe I got a lemon but this thing stinks

·
Registered
11,777 Posts
-

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live in Toronto, Canada. I just purchased a 2016 pilot touring, with the 9 speed. 77,000 kms on the dash. I feel like the fuel mileage is awful. I was really expecting to get over 600 kms per tank Iam hardly getting 530 kms per tank max or 329 miles per tank on 87 octane. Econo button is off now (doesn't seem to be doing anything) Is there something wrong with my truck or is that just how they are ? It seems to run great as far as I can tell, very smooth. Help!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I live in Toronto, Canada. I just purchased a 2016 pilot touring, with the 9 speed. 77,000 kms on the dash. I feel like the fuel mileage is awful. I was really expecting to get over 600 kms per tank Iam hardly getting 530 kms per tank max or 329 miles per tank on 87 octane. Econo button is off now (doesn't seem to be doing anything) Is there something wrong with my truck or is that just how they are ? It seems to run great as far as I can tell, very smooth. Help!
You won’t get anywhere near 600 km/tank in the winter times. I live in the GTA as well and when I used to drive a lot, I get just over 600 km per tank mostly on highways not in winter and with not much traffics. You need like over 90% on highway with light to no traffic to achieve that. Winter times, or going up and down the DVP(high traffic highway), forget that. The estimate on the dash is optimistic, by say about 1L/100 km more than what you get manually calculated. That’s my observation over the past five years. Don’t forget your tire pressure, you need to pump up to 33 to 35 psi or so to achieve good mpg.

·
Registered
11,777 Posts
Driving slow in ECO mode with an active VCM.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,190 Posts
These are the kinda numbers I was expecting to get. I guess there's something wrong with my truck ?
Off topic

Is that a Suzuki track bike?

Here's my street bike, K5 GSX-R1000. It has mirrors on it, they are bar ends.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You won’t get anywhere near 600 km/tank in the winter times. I live in the GTA as well and when I used to drive a lot, I get just over 600 km per tank mostly on highways not in winter and with not much traffics. You need like over 90% on highway with light to no traffic to achieve that. Winter times, or going up and down the DVP(high traffic highway), forget that. The estimate on the dash is optimistic, by say about 1L/100 km more than what you get manually calculated. That’s my observation over the past five years. Don’t forget your tire pressure, you need to pump up to 33 to 35 psi or so to achieve good mpg.
Oh ok, so that's just the way she goes eh ? Lol well atleast I don't have to worry about something being wrong with my truck. Makes me feel better in a way.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
No no, it's actually an old 2000 Yamaha R6 I used to have lol
Mine pic is my current bike- I ride every chance I get, when it's a wee bit warmer here in the Midwest.

My avatar is Alex Rins- the MotoGP racer for Suzuki.

·
Registered
2003 accord sport 2017 pilot lx white diamond
9 Posts
Hey guys

If possible, can ya'll chime in on what MPG you are getting? I know there are a lot of factors that can influence it, but just curious. I currently have a 2013 EX-L, and my gas mileage is horrible. Wife drives 80% local, (not with a heavy foot) which I understand will result in lower readings, but I think 12.6 is pretty bad. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new Touring, but just want to see how fuel economy is on the new model. I guess I would prefer to hear readings on local commuters with a 2WD, but I'll take all the input I can get. Thanks in advance for all and any info that you guys can give me!
21.7 city 28.9 hwy. about 365 per tank and this beast chugs if you choose to get loose with the pedal

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
These are the kinda numbers I was expecting to get. I guess there's something wrong with my truck ?
Oh yeah, it's not a truck either. At least, not a 'pick-up' truck LOL.

* My title from WI- says body style- Truck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just finished second year of ownership, odometer now shows 10,036 miles
Past year drove 3,017 miles, average of 17.1 MPG, no long trips, only local driving due to virus

Service history (date, miles, work)
4/24/2019 1,557 Recall SB 19-045
7/24/2019 3,794 Oil & filter
9/18/2019 4,760 SB 19-096
1/20/2020 6,902 Oil & filter, tire rotation, battery test
8/5/2020 9,080 Software update OTA, System B.1.3.4, Navigation 2.06.02
12/1/2020 9,803 Recall SB 20-047, Software update SB 20-029, oil & filter, brake fluid service

MM now has oil life at 90%, next service is B6

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,973 Posts
421 - 440 of 480 Posts