Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

401 - 414 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
On my second tank of gas on my brand new 2018 EX AWD (it was a left over and had 501 miles when I bought it last month) and I'm averaging 22 MPG mixed driving as per the Fuelly app.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys

If possible, can ya'll chime in on what MPG you are getting? I know there are a lot of factors that can influence it, but just curious. I currently have a 2013 EX-L, and my gas mileage is horrible. Wife drives 80% local, (not with a heavy foot) which I understand will result in lower readings, but I think 12.6 is pretty bad. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new Touring, but just want to see how fuel economy is on the new model. I guess I would prefer to hear readings on local commuters with a 2WD, but I'll take all the input I can get. Thanks in advance for all and any info that you guys can give me!
I drive a 2016 Elite, and I commute from Houston TX to Dallas TX once a week for my job. On the drive, I usually average between 29.0-32.0 mpg. That's with using the cruise control about 90% of the time.
Strictly city driving .... anywhere from 19.0-21.0 mpg.

·
Registered
12 Posts
First road trip with 2019 Honda Pilot Elite (purchased January) starting beginning of trip at 2,886 miles. Northern Illinois to Minneapolis MN. Drive was 605 miles over 3 days, trip computer showed 28.5 average MPG. Almost all expressway driving, a little local driving, ECON mode always on, A/C always on, cruise control sometimes on. Navigation system was good, got confused in a construction zone where we were driving North in the South bound temporary lane. Loaded 44 music CDs on a 32 MB USB flash memory prior to trip, worked great. All systems worked as expected. Now car needs a good wash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Traveled to NY from NC on 29, 81 and 88 28.6 on the way up and 28.1 back! All at 9 over, I tend to have a heavy foot on the back roads...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just returned from a trip from Northern CA, Relatively flat driving for the 1st 250 miles. With a passenger aboard and the rest of that car filled with "stuff", I pulled in for gas with the meter reading 29.5 mpg. Actual mileage was 28.1 mpg. The rest of the trip back to Socal included climbing the Grapevine and then descending it to LA and then home to the OC. Some traffic in LA, of course, and the meter read 29.6 mpg when i pulled into my drivway. The total trip was about 440 miles which I could have done on one tank of gas. Speed range was 70-77 mph.I am very pleased with the mpg for such a large and comfortable drive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
19 touring with 7k miles bought last August. Trip computer with mostly city driving is 14-15mpg. Highway 25. I need to do my own math and will report back but disappointed in city mpg as it’s visually ugly to look at.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I second these observations. Your speed will affect your mpgs by a lot. I consistently get 28 mpg on hwy in my '19 Touring AWD as long asIi stick to 70 mph or below with three people in the car. I get 20 mpg around city (100% city). My mixed driving is at 24 mpg but I think I have a higher hwy miles. Overall, I am impressed with what i get on such a large vehicle.

Just did a 1200 mile trip with an AWD touring. Had to fill up three times after starting off with a full tank.

The trip computer had the following averages each time I filled up:
  • 26 on the first tank...mostly driving 60-70mph
  • 21 on the second tank...doing 80mph in Kansas with a huge crosswind
  • 26 on the third tank...averaging 70-75mph with no more crosswing
  • 29 on the current tank...averaging 50-65mph due to all the construction on the highway
So, if you stick to 70mph you should average 26-27. If you get it up to 80mph it will drop to 24-25...less of you're going against the wind. If you drive 50-60 then you can probably squeeze out 30mpg average.

Also, keep in mind, we had two adults and two teenagers, plus all of our luggage for a three week trip. If you're driving alone, expect better results.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I get about 25 mpg on average. City with a lot of traffic I get 19mpg and all freeway between 29-32mpg. I got 32 driving to Vegas for 4 hours at 70-75 mph.

My driving consist of 20-30% city and 70-80% highway, typically not much traffic on highway because I take the toll roads in my area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 Touring AWD ; display means nothing - recent 130mile highway trip it said 33.6, in real life at the pump it was 30mpg, now I was being careful with the throttle at about 60mph on the highway with no econ and no A/C...

·
Registered
36 Posts
450 miles, western Colorado to Saint George, Utah, stiff headwind, and winter tires/wheels installed, 26 mpg traveling 80-85mph. 30mpg+ on the rural highways in the summer, 20-22mpg in town driving.

401 - 414 of 414 Posts