Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 EX without a trip computer. I'd like to monitor my MPG and maybe other things such as engine and coolant temp, but it seems Scangauge and Ultragauge are kinda pricey. There is the Torque app for Android, but I have an iphone. Any other choices?

·
Registered
175 Posts
It does. I just checked the manual and on the EX, press the trip-odometer nob in. Its a toggle switch to change what is displayed on the screen in the bottom of the speedometer.

Whenever you get gas, i would reset the trip as the computer will calculate the average based off of the mileage on either Trip A or Trip B. Which ever one you choose to track mileage with. The computer will also make adjustments based on your driving style. So it may take it a few tanks to adjust to your style.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn! You're right! Thank you. It says 18.9mpg. My wife has a lead foot.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Damn! You're right! Thank you. It says 18.9mpg. My wife has a lead foot.
Haha don't go condemning her yet!

Our Pilot lives in suburbia... plenty of stop lights, stop signs, 30, 40, 50 and 55 mph speed limit roads. The Pilot is around 4,500 lbs. The Traverse is a couple hundred pounds heavier but I do drive gentler and we average about the same. Our Sonata with the V6 gets 21.

I gave my wife a hard time once and she said she likes feeling the power, how am I supposed to say no to that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts