Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this weekend I swapped a new motor in my 2005 pilot. The motor i got came out of a 2005 pilot as well. I used the wiring harness the motor came with. When I went to start the motor my immobilizer light is flashing and my obd2 port on not connecting. I've double checked and triple checked all my connections I've tested continuity on all my fuses and found nothing obvious. Looking for some direction or some trouble shooting ideas.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Were the 2 vehicles matching as 2wd or 4wd?

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Did you change out the ECU? Immobilizer is programmed to link with existing ECU. Double check all harness connection points. Disconnect, blow out, reconnect. Is it feasible to reuse your old wiring harness, by swapping it back in? I would be suspicious of any new wiring assembly brought in to the system as a source for your problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I didn't swap ecu. Just changed motor and wiring harness. I still have my old harness but before I did that I wanted to see if anything else I should check, like maybe if the throttle body is mated to the gas pedal or something like that.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Why was it necessary to change the wiring harness? All 05 Pilots were the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts