Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Does anyone have any experience with Mothers Mag/Wheel Polish that comes in a little jar????

I recently received my Acura 2k3 Touring Rims through UPS. All of the raised spots on the rims were scratched by the cardboard moving on the plastic sheet that was taped to the tire and rim.

Well this morning I went to AutoZOne and tried it on a rim that I had stuck in the back of my 4runner.

Heck YES it worked. I was able to do all the marks on the rim in a matter of 5 min with just a dab of the mothers.

I get to go home tonight and do the other three rims.

DOES anyone know any detrimental effects caused by mothers mag polish?

Thanks... :)

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
What is the Mother's Mag Polish? Is it a slight abrasive, like the name implies?

The MDX rims are clearcoated, so you treat them just like the paint. A slight abrasive to remove scratches won't kill 'em (just like removing scratches/swirls from the paint) but avoid chemical cleaners.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I have used the Mother's Mag Polish for many years. They work great on aluminum wheels - removing stains and restoring shine. I haven't tried them on the Pilot wheels yet - I thought I had read in another thread that there is a clear coat on the wheels. If there is a clear coat, I probably wouldn't suggest using the mag polish as the abrasion could remove the clear coat.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Acura Rims Ok

Hello guys,

Thanks for all the responses.

The mothers got most of the scratches out. There are still some however.

Here's the installed product...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts